Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

AS it is Black history month how about Queen Ranavalona.

Went on a buffalo hunt that lasted months. To facilitate this hunt she needed a new road built. Drafted in the populace to build it. When they tired they were discarded at the road side to die. 10,000 dead, but no. Buffalos.

When she suspected someone of lying they had to eat 3 chicken skins and a local root that would make you throw up. If you failed to throw up the 3 skins then you were lying and are killed. Refuse the test and you are killed.

Proposed building a iron wall around her island of Madagascar so that the cannon fire from French and English ships would bounce off and sink them.

In all through her stupidity and misrule she managed to kill half her population in her reign. She is now being reinvented as a strong queen who prevented the colonisation of her island by Europeans. True I suppose, but killing any Christian missionary who showed their face was a tad harsh I think.

(ETA: I first heard of her in one of the Flashman books).

Went on a buffalo hunt that lasted months. To facilitate this hunt she needed a new road built. Drafted in the populace to build it. When they tired they were discarded at the road side to die. 10,000 dead, but no. Buffalos.

When she suspected someone of lying they had to eat 3 chicken skins and a local root that would make you throw up. If you failed to throw up the 3 skins then you were lying and are killed. Refuse the test and you are killed.

Proposed building a iron wall around her island of Madagascar so that the cannon fire from French and English ships would bounce off and sink them.

In all through her stupidity and misrule she managed to kill half her population in her reign. She is now being reinvented as a strong queen who prevented the colonisation of her island by Europeans. True I suppose, but killing any Christian missionary who showed their face was a tad harsh I think.

In these weird times, she is a strong candidate for the problematic fourth plinth!

Apologies, posted from phone. Didn't realise it needed special software.

Synopsis is S London black woman wants special pushchair, but can't afford it new. Finds one on Gumtree & goes to collect. Lots of whinging about having to use public transport while five (?) months pregnant (I know women at five months and more gone still working hard, teavelling & so on) to get to Kilburn where the pushchair is.

Gets to Kilburn which she remembers as a bit rough round edges, but now "gentrified". Lots of stereotypes & generalisations about cars owned, Farrow & Ball paint and even fixie bicycles.

Vendor finds two unknown black women on doorstep & says she's not giving to charity. Black women explain they're there for buggy and aren't asked in, door shut while buggy collected. Vendor then asks if there is husband/boyfriend who can help take it home. Last question causes great offence, friend who has gone with purchaser says they should have pretended to be a lesbian couple to wind up vendor.

This is all racist as the vendor shouldn't have assumed the two women were charity collectors; they shouldn't have been left on doorstep (to be honest if I'd advertised something expensive online for collection I wouldn't have invited strangers in); and even the question about the husband/boyfriend was racist because the vendor assumed the purchaser was just a "babymother" ad the father was absent.

Cheers!

Basically trying really hard to be 'fashionably offended', then?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
@halo_jones - no, more families coming to join their ‘european’ relatives. Usually with surnames more in common to the subcontinent or Africa than Italy or Spain.

@Cold_Collation - Basically under EEA rules you could be bringing in 100 family members to live in a studio apartment. We could not refuse on the grounds of overcrowding - it can only be refused under EEA regulations. I’m not saying that the EEA rules mean that it is utterly insane, but that is exactly what I’m saying.

I have a mate who works on my local council in the housing/homelessness bit. There is no way he is going to look too closely at some areas lest he be looking for several hundred beds the next morning because they are horrifically overcrowded - even if by coming here they are effectively making themselves homeless (due to said laws on overcrowding) - because a lawyer paid by Shelter (who he despises) will complain how could they possibly know about UK law.

When we meet up we are the grim looking pair in the corner complaining about the world and drinking too much at our age.
Forgive my innocence but at what point do we say 'No'?

ste14w

Old-Salt
Have you seen the books written by the BBC's Director of Creative Diversity.
It's only going one way

View attachment 512853

And, of course, our licence fees are paying for this rubbish.

Have you seen the books written by the BBC's Director of Creative Diversity.
It's only going one way

So a presenter of lowbrow TV frequently aimed at da yoot is now a BBC Director, and an OBE. On the plus side she campaigned against Scottish Independence, but she's pro-EU.

So a presenter of lowbrow TV frequently aimed at da yoot is now a BBC Director, and an OBE. On the plus side she campaigned against Scottish Independence, but she's pro-EU.

Did she get to BBC Director because of genuine skills and talent or just because she's BAME?

syrup

LE
Did she get to BBC Director because of genuine skills and talent or just because she's BAME?

I think she's what's known as professionally black.
I've only ever seen her on that SKY news roundtable thing they have where she continually tells everyone how hard it is to be black.

I think she's what's known as professionally black.
I've only ever seen her on that SKY news roundtable thing they have where she continually tells everyone how hard it is to be black.

So oppressed that she gets to be BBC Director, no wonder BLM are complaining about BAME being treated badly

I seem to recall that Sir Harry Paget Flashman VC 'had' her. In fact it was in Flashman's Lady.

And back to the real world . . .

Dredd

LE
I found this link very interesting - especially the last bit which looks at the end result being a matter of perspective:

First of all, there would be the usual, unfounded cries of 'racism' because a certain demographic would have to be targeted (and look how upset the good burghers of Leicester got recently). Secondly, the true scale of the issue would then be uncloaked.

Census be damned; as noted above, the supermarkets aren't in the business of wasting food - it undermines profitability.
They are. Go round the back and look in the skip.

In these weird times, she is a strong candidate for the problematic fourth plinth!

Lot of competition there... Her, Mugabe, Amin, Bokassa, Mengistu and a shed load of others.

Might have to get the contractors in to build more plinths or pull down a few more honkies.

Ellie Harrison, in her article on the racist countryside*, has hit the nail on the head;

“So there’s work to do. Even a single racist event means there is work to do. In asking whether the countryside is racist, then yes it is; but asking if it’s more racist than anywhere else — maybe, maybe not.”

So by her own standards a single racist action by anybody means there's work to be done. I take it for granted she applies her logic to those blaming white people for their woes.

*How can a nominally educated, note not necessarily intelligent, person claim a thing can have attitudes?

Dopey bint.
iirc the CPRE (Council for the Protection of Rural England) did a survey into visitors to the UK countryside a while ago. A poll was conducted and those from an Indian background saw little point in visiting the countryside. Their history had taught them that only "poor people and peasants" walked in the countryside.
I wonder if that is still the attitude?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
iirc the CPRE (Council for the Protection of Rural England) did a survey into visitors to the UK countryside a while ago. A poll was conducted and those from an Indian background saw little point in visiting the countryside. Their history had taught them that only "poor people and peasants" walked in the countryside.
I wonder if that is still the attitude?
A differentiator between developing and developed countries is the levels of urbanisation of the population. It tends to be much higher in the latter.

Developing countries, including India, encourage urbanisation as it adds greater value and thus GDP growth. Conurbations are where the high-tech and wealth-creating jobs are. Farming/the rural economy is subsistence by comparison.

Remember: most immigrants are looking to better themselves. Ergo...

But of course I fail to reflect the BBC’s reality - the burning crosses and white-hooded individuals who habitually use violence to keep the effniks out. We’re just petty little racists here, you see.

Re 'unconscious bias', I was watching something the other day about the filming of Planet of the Apes - the original one with Charlton Heston. During breaks, the extras - in their chimp, orangutan and gorilla makeup - were found to be congregating in the catering facility by species, ie all the chimps eating separately from the others and likewise with the gorillas and gingers. They were doing so without any prompting. They didn't even realise they were doing it, but it was very noticeable to everyone else.

Perhaps we should put about that foxes are fine bushmeat and badger skulls have powerful juju & that might attract more visits by urbanites to the countryside ;)

Latest Threads