Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will this BLM shit never end.....

Sat here with my little one watching CBeebies only for it to launch into a "Whose your black role model?" and a monologue on Oprah Witney rising from poverty to queen of the USA and the usual turgid Nelson Mandela shit. C'mon kids, email in and let us know who YOUR black hero is......." Monty is 17 months old and wants to lick the TV when Paddington comes on, not to be guilted for a certain demographics massive chip on the shoulder.

For fucks sake, this literally is taking it too far and I really don't believe kids see colour like adults do - here they're being trained to differentiate black and white and equate black to heroes.........Pure reverse racism. I can switch off to Mister Tumble whilst working from home but I'm now sat here waiting for someone to take a knee. I've never really got into this militant shit about not paying TV licence but I honestly think a line has been drawn here and the time has come.

Is nothing sacred??? Can't our kids be allowed to grow up without having an agenda forced upon them??? If I paid £3 a month for little Amina to have clean water she can ******* stick it, I hope she drowns in her muddy puddle.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
ED & I is not going away. Get use to it.

Sat here with my little one watching CBeebies only for it to launch into a "Whose your black role model?" and a monologue on Oprah Witney rising from poverty to queen of the USA and the usual turgid Nelson Mandela shit. C'mon kids, email in and let us know who YOUR black hero is......." Monty is 17 months old and wants to lick the TV when Paddington comes on, not to be guilted for a certain demographics massive chip on the shoulder.

For fucks sake, this literally is taking it too far and I really don't believe kids see colour like adults do - here they're being trained to differentiate black and white and equate black to heroes.........Pure reverse racism. I can switch off to Mister Tumble whilst working from home but I'm now sat here waiting for someone to take a knee. I've never really got into this militant shit about not paying TV licence but I honestly think a line has been drawn here and the time has come.

Is nothing sacred??? Can't our kids be allowed to grow up without having an agenda forced upon them??? If I paid £3 a month for little Amina to have clean water she can ******* stick it, I hope she drowns in her muddy puddle.

Your name has been added to the list, comrade.

Does Monty care why Daddy is shouting at the television?

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer

Chalkster69

Old-Salt
There's 4 across the UK, each one reflecting on a successful UK black personality, and Lenny Henry. I quite like the idea.

They'll go back to Red as soon as some bugger cycles in to one in the early morning!! :D

Yokel

LE
My initial response is Angelica Bell.

But you raise a good point. By giving people race based labels and encouraging children to see people in those terms, they are learning to look for differences. I gave black relatives, and because nobody said anything I just accepted them and noticed that they had a slight different skin colour.

I could also answer one of my Professors, the brainy black mate I had in my late teens...

My black hero is Diane Abbott.

30+ years of entertainment.

There's 4 across the UK, each one reflecting on a successful UK black personality, and Lenny Henry. I quite like the idea.

Hopefully not one of Lenny Henry, we shouldn't be promoting unfunny comedians

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hopefully not one of Lenny Henry, we shouldn't be promoting unfunny comedians
"Four postboxes have been painted black to honour black Britons including Sir Lenny Henry..."

RedDinger

Clanker
This is a quote from Les Ferdinand, after QPR and Coventry didn't take the knee.

"The message has been lost. It is now not dissimilar to a fancy hashtag or a nice pin badge,"

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
The context is not, as per the thread title BLM, but actually Black history month, and revisiting history is a good thing, whether you agree with what happened or not.

The context is not, as per the thread title BLM, but actually Black history month, and revisiting history is a good thing, whether you agree with what happened or not.

Fine. Let’s revisit all history, including the inconvenient bits, regardless of who they’re inconvenient to, and let’s keep it as history rather than reinventing Jackanory.

Latest Threads