Will the TA be used this time?

that why the Norfolkers have webbed feets and hands all inbred genetic adaptions for the area :D

CCRF!

where are you?

Sadly, we haven't got the will, the money, the men, or the social conscience. Reality is that the Government would rather let the Insurance companies foot the bill.

We won't be called, and I suspect this will be held against us come the next review...

From the website: Environment Secretary Hilary Benn said: "There are RAF helicopters on standby, fire service pumps are going to be moved into East Anglia, the Environment Agency obviously has got people on patrol.

"So everything that can be done is being done, what no-one can predict with absolute certainty is exactly how the storm surge is going to affect particular areas."

msr

msr said:
We won't be called, and I suspect this will be held against us come the next review...

From the website: Environment Secretary Hilary Benn said: "There are RAF helicopters on standby, fire service pumps are going to be moved into East Anglia, the Environment Agency obviously has got people on patrol.

"So everything that can be done is being done, what no-one can predict with absolute certainty is exactly how the storm surge is going to affect particular areas."

msr
With over 30% of the total UK workforce employed by the Govt in one way or the other, there are plenty of others (Police, Environment Agency, DEFRA, quangos et al) that will be first in line before a political decision to mobilise the TA.

Also, mobilising the TA send the message that those other agencies aren't coping.

What a pity parts of the TA practised this very scenario only 2 years ago in this very area...
Maybe the TA should move into predicting disasters.

edited for spelling... :oops:

WhiteHorse said:
What a pity parts of the TA prctised this very scenario only 2 years ago in this very area...
Maybe the TA should move into predicting disasters.
I've been doing that on ARRSE for two years!!

TAPOs, Ethos, mobilisation overkill, retention, TACOS, the list is endless.

Even a warning order would send a frisson of excitement through the TA...

msr

msr said:
Even a warning order would send a frisson of excitement through the TA...

msr
.....don't hold your breath. Resilience/CCRF is more smoke and mirrors than a lot of smoke surrounded by some mirrors. The Police will run the response to whatever happens as was seen during the recent floods.

Regulars had some involvement.

TA received a WnG O in my neck of the woods earlier this year, more a case of "find who's available if you get the call".

Given the drama of call-out, sorting out vehicles, kit and all the G1/G4 aspects of mobilising and demobilising, TA call out is not the fastest and easiest means of providing manpower. So regulars will be first choice, if they are available. Factor in that MoD most reluctant to play at all unless there is serious threat to life that the blue-lights cannot handle, then CCRF is not impossible, but it will just have to be VERY bad indeed.