Will the TA be used this time?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by WhiteHorse, Nov 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC reporting surge flooding from North Sea, Dutch have mobilised and warned their entire coastal area (1st time for 30 years). Are we doing anything?

Flooding top UK story
  2. I'm organising MATTs. anyone else?
  3. Biffed to 07/01/08 :D
  4. that why the Norfolkers have webbed feets and hands all inbred genetic adaptions for the area :D
  5. I can't go - I can't find my Gortex.

6. CCRF!

where are you?

Sadly, we haven't got the will, the money, the men, or the social conscience. Reality is that the Government would rather let the Insurance companies foot the bill.
  7. Run out of MTD's, sorry :D
  8. msr

msr LE

We won't be called, and I suspect this will be held against us come the next review...

From the website: Environment Secretary Hilary Benn said: "There are RAF helicopters on standby, fire service pumps are going to be moved into East Anglia, the Environment Agency obviously has got people on patrol.

"So everything that can be done is being done, what no-one can predict with absolute certainty is exactly how the storm surge is going to affect particular areas."

9. With over 30% of the total UK workforce employed by the Govt in one way or the other, there are plenty of others (Police, Environment Agency, DEFRA, quangos et al) that will be first in line before a political decision to mobilise the TA.
  10. Also, mobilising the TA send the message that those other agencies aren't coping.
  11. Heard a report on GMTV that the flooding wont be as bad as 1st expected. Looks like you wont be needed after all
  12. What a pity parts of the TA practised this very scenario only 2 years ago in this very area...
    Maybe the TA should move into predicting disasters.

edited for spelling... :oops:
  13. I've been doing that on ARRSE for two years!!

TAPOs, Ethos, mobilisation overkill, retention, TACOS, the list is endless.
  14. Waiting for the call that will never come...
  15. msr

msr LE

Even a warning order would send a frisson of excitement through the TA...