Will the Real Porkpie Please Stand Up!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by the_Bat, Jun 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will Porkpie and Pork_Pie will you please go round the back of the bike sheds and slug it out, for the right to use the name.

Already you're confusing Old Git and matters are only likely to get worse. Pork_Pie, I believe you were there first.

the_Bat
    (a spotter!)

2. Porkpies
    I was confused before this thread! :( Do you mean theres 2 of them? which one is which????
    I will have to put my head in a cold bucket of water for an hour.
    So come on them which of you is the imposter and who is giving up the name? Perhaps the moderator can sort out this confusion. ( appologies if I replied to the wrong one)
    OG :roll:

3. I am indeed the original, and have been boring people with my posts for rather longer than my namesake has been posting.

Porkpie, I'm certainly not going to get the moderators involed in this, but it might stop the confusion if you changed your 'name' (even if only to something like PP2).

Cheers,

Pork_Pie

4. Pork_Pie,

Please don't put yourself down. You may have been boring longer, but you certainly haven't been as boring.

I'm backing the real Pork_Pie.

After all, you sound like the kind of decent chap who's in a regiment and not a corp. Huzzah, to you.

5. Thank you very much :oops:

However, sorry to disappoint, but I'm corps to the core :D

6. Well I never, 2 Porkpies! This will obviously not do! Didn't even think twice when making the name up! Maybe Pork_Pie shouln't have been quiet for so long! Still, don't mind changing my name if it's going to keep the peace! P.S. You must be quite blind (as a Bat?) not noticing the joined up typing as opposed to the underscored Pork_Pie! But hey! it's a free world isn't it? P.P.S. (Just to p*ss the bat off, of course!) Why not contribute as opposed to nit picking all the time!

7. No! I prefer nit picking.

All the same, thankyou for your magnanimous gesture in the name of peace (and for such a short post).

The Nobel prize may yet be yours - whatever your new name is.

Shalom!

8. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

pork pies all look the same to me - unless they're the Melton Mowbray ones with the yummy jelly stuff inside. The ones you get in army packed lunches are made from the bits of the pig they scrape up off the floor after all the good bits have been used for sausages.

Now porkpie2 don't go off on one - Bat is quite entitled to pick as many nits as he needs - it's part of the spirit of ARRSE after all - when you've been here as long as we have you'll realise that.

We look forward to seeing your new secret identity! :D

Scary

9. [​IMG]

Wasnt the original Porkpie the fella on the left?

10. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Okay porkpies, which of you looks most like "the fella on the left".

No but seriously PP2 have you chose a new name yet? You've gone uncharacteristically quiet and I'm starting to worry about you.....

Scary

11. Tad difficult to answer, as I don't know PP2, and suspect he doesn't know me either.

However, some might say the chap in the left of the pic does look a bit like me. Not sure about that clear liquid though - prefer whisky myself.

12. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

Ah, at last a PP - I was beginning to worry about you two - especially PP2 who normally has plenty to say - must be a TA weekend

I appreciate you don't know PP2 but you must be able to tell if you look like the man in the picture - as you think you do then you must be the original PP. I'm sure we'll hear from PP2 very soon.

Scary