Will the Germans ever learn?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bushmills, Jun 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. German court bans religious circumcision

27 June 2012 AAP

A German court has ruled that circumcising young boys is a crime, sparking anger among Jews.

THE regional court in Cologne, western Germany, ruled that the practice of circumcising children before they could decide for themselves amounted to grievous bodily harm. The ruling was expected to set a legal precedent.

"The religious freedom of the parents and their right to educate their child would not be unacceptably compromised, if they were obliged to wait until the child could himself decide to be circumcised," the court said.

Thousands of young boys are circumcised every year in Germany, especially in the country's large Jewish and Muslim communities.

Jewish boys are circumcised within days of birth.

The Jewish community on Wednesday said the ruling trampled on parents' religious rights.

The ruling was sparked by a grievous bodily harm case against a doctor who had circumcised a four-year-old Muslim boy on his parents' wishes.

The regional court acquitted the doctor on the grounds that the law was confusing.

It, however, came down firmly against parents' right to have the ritual performed on young children.

"The body of the child is irreparably and permanently changed by a circumcision," the court said.

The head of the Central Committee of Jews, Dieter Graumann, said the ruling was "an unprecedented and dramatic intervention in the right of religious communities to self-determination".

The judgment was an "outrageous and insensitive act. Circumcision of newborn boys is a fixed part of the Jewish religion and has been practised worldwide for centuries," added Graumann.

The World Health Organisation has estimated that nearly one in three males 15 or over is circumcised.

The court specified that circumcision was not illegal if carried out for medical reasons.

National & World news, sport, entertainment, business, property, travel | Northern Territory News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Its no skin off my nose.....

• Like Like x 5
  3. Is it starting again albeit clothed in judicial robes

4. I don't know; having elective surgery performed on infants because your magic sky pixie says so, is a bit mediaeval.

• Like Like x 15
  5. why the fuck should it be legal, if you wanted to cut your daughters clit off it would be frowned upon

Its just bullshit religious shit. Religion needs to be shouldered the fuck out of modern society. fucking morons of every creed, colour, sect etc

well done germany!!

• Like Like x 12
  6. Cologne Regional Court - bringing Jews and Muslims together since 2012

Kinda catchy

7. If it's not on medical grounds, then it should be illegal. It's basically child abuse in my book.

8. At last! The Krauts get something right.
    It's disgusting that this form of child mutilation is still accepted by any civilised country.
    An using 'religion' as a justification, just shows how disturbed these people are.
    If I chopped the end off one of my sons fingers, I'd be arrested and trying to use the excuse 'god told me to do it' I'd be chucked (quite rightly) into a rubber room.
    Fuck religion, genital mutilation of children is wrong!

• Like Like x 4
  9. yup, damn right....it's mutilating yer own kid...got my legs crossed now!

10. You've written a book about child abuse ?

• Like Like x 2
  11. I agree with the krauts on this one, but it makes no difference because the European Court of Hymen rights will just overturn it anyway.

• Like Like x 5
  12. I am still traumatised by my mothers decision to have me circumcised at age 4. I wonder if I can get the Germans to prosecute her? After all, we were CofE; what was she thinking.

As an aside, I understand that the residue of a circumcision is called a schmuck (both Hebrew and German?). Therefore, when you see old black and white films with Humph Bogart, et al, refering to a villian as a schmuck, that's stronger language than you think. That was an age when a male and female actors/actresses couldn't be filmed on a bed without them both having one foot touching the floor, so as to not outrage public decency.

13. I'm circumcised and I'm not a yid. It was just the done thing in the 70's.

14. Oh well, thanks for the tip ...

• Like Like x 3
  15. Same here. It's pretty much (is/was) the standard practice in the states (and I was born in 83). Maybe I should sue my parents!