Will the Army help me fund a visa application?

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by tommyl, Sep 29, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know If the Army will help me to pay for a visa to New Zealand. I'm getting out in January and emigrating soon after that, I spoke to one of the civvie women in the post room here at Waterbeach and she reckons that someone did it a few years back and the Army paid half.
    She told me to ring my chief clerk in Kinloss, but ive got a feeling that he will **** me right off.

I know it sounds a bit pikey and i'm getting out, but a visa medical alone is £350.
  2. What you coming down to Godzone for?

Oh, you can do all that medical stuff etc when you get here, costs half the price. You need any info?
  3. The MoD will pay up, no probs. They'll also pay your air fare and relocation costs.

Honest johns.
  4. my missus has a house in chch and England is a bit rubbish.
    She's got a residency visa but i cant get on that because we havent lived together for long enough. Gotta get a temporary work one and then get on her residency next year sometime.
  5. Of course they will. They funded my visa application for Canada and Russia when I wanted to go on holiday there. They also funded payments for my house and they were going to pay for my expeditions to the North and South Poles. Oh and they were on about paying the insurance for my car as well!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. There was a new book I really wanted and the army got me that too.