Will Tamil Tigers make it into the Super League?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Themanwho, May 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As terrorist organisations go IMHO the one with the catchiest name has to be the Tamil Tigers. In fact I'm not wholly convinced that BBC sport haven't got the wrong end of the stick, and the Tigers are actually a Sri Lankan Rugby League team.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a whole untapped potential crossover merchandising market out there of sports-minded freedom fighters. Think of the possibilities: in football you could have Taliban Hotspur, Al Qaeda Academicals, West Hamas, and so on. Rugby League, although obviously dominated by the Tigers could also have room for the Provisional IRA Bombers, and the UVF Red Handoffs.

Or is all this in terribly poor taste?
  2. the shining path always sounded slightly cool, though am a bit to thick to come up with a snappy yank style name for their team
  3. How about the "Shining Path Gorillas" - I seem to recall that's how they were always referred to?
  4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Naming teams after them is glamorising terrorism. Food is the way forward I feel?

"Give us two Hamas and chips, TAK sauce on one, a Ansar Al Sunna kebab and are those pickled Al Q gerkins sweet or sour?"