Will Swaziland be the first country to die from AIDS?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FunkyNewBlood, Jun 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Full story here

2. Lets ask them to come over here ehhh Tony? :wink:

3. I'm sure a lot of people would see this as 'natural selection'...........I know I do.

4. Now would be a good time for me to go there and sell my special cure aids snake oil at $50 a go.

5. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Poor bastards. It's not as if they need die of this either - education and medicine - in that order - would have sorted this out, and even at this stage could help.

Pity we can't take the money we're going to donate to their 'leaders' thanks to Mr Geldof, and use it to help them directly.

6. No its Botwana over 50%

7. Didnt the leader of swaziland use debt repayment to buy a jet?

8. My money is on France. Perhaps it's just wishful thinking?

9. Believe me, the only way to stop this country (and africa in general) from dieng out is to teach them how to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS using contraceptives, and for them to take some bloody responsibility for their own actions.

One of my friends at uni had been on a years work experience in sub saharan africa and was shocked at the level of 'blame it on whitey!' attitude. They (being the ones she saw) thought aids was a whitemans plague and refused to stop having unprotected sex. There were a number of regulars who were often caught in compromising situations in the local brothel riding bareback.

10. No, that's syphilus your thinking of. :D

12. Thing is, if there wasnt a high death rate by AIDS in the country, would they be better off? Any form of death that is brought on early is harsh and I wouldnt wish this infection/disease on any one. Its probably a "white man" phrase, but AIDS could be mother natures way of curbing escalating rises in population.

13. africa will eventually be an empty land ripe for recolonisation, India and China are already considering that option considering the population levels in their own country.

14. Contaceptives don't work with them. I was talking with a bloke from the SA Defence Forces a couple of years back, about the situation in general with their forces post -Apartheid.

One of the things he told me just sums up the whole attitude. They gave the black soldiers condoms before they went on exercise as they habitually abandoned their posts and bunked off to the local villages for a hump. They refused to use them. The expression given when asked why not, was 'you wouldn't eat a toffee with the wrapper on'.............Now that's ignorance for you. He just couldn't make them understand the risks, no matter how he tried.

He reckoned that he'd lost best part of his Platoon through AIDS and that when he got back to SA, he'd be short of a few more. Education is abundant apparantly, but they just don't want to know.

Now, how the f*ck do you deal with that?

15. Aids is a taboo subject in Africa , Nelson Mandela was brave in going public about his son dying of Aids,
    Mad Bob of Zim claimed that the disease is a curse from god for those who are gay :roll: