Will Self and the Loyal Toast - BBC article

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by captaincalamity, May 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will Self is a self indulgent whining ********. The BBC plug him relentlessly, (he must be on every Radio 4 producers speed dial list). Without their support he would probably be selling the big issue, although he would doubtless screw that up by abusing anyone who bought one! F**ck him!

• Like Like x 6
  2. Who the **** is Will Self? Sounds like a right self centred twat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Will Self is so far up himself his voice echoes. He is - or was - also a smack-head.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I disagree with not one word. I"m going to sit back eat my popcorn whilst the usual suspects go berserk.

5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Not bad author in holding his own opinion shocker!!

Hardly outrageous, eh?

• Like Like x 2
  6. I always think he reminds e of lord voldermont

7. Really!!! Shock,horror. Let me think, who avoided paying taxes until she was forced too? Has Her son committed adultery? One is going to succeed the other as the head of a church. Just pointing out everybody has failings.

8. I have read the article and I don't think he is a complete twat at all, just making the usual mistake of confusing the person of the monarch with the institution itself. If we had an elected head of state it is not impossible that Bliar and the wicked witch or entities like them would corner the gig. If we had an inanimate symbol....say...a wicker man or somesuch, it wouldn't be long before the political priesthood had manipulated the legends to suit themselves. So I am quite content with the present arrangements. If wee wille wants to sit for the toast that is OK by me, if he wants to gob off and show disrespect during the loyal toast and he is sat anywhere near me he had better stand to for some incoming.

9. There is a resemblance:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Good God! Someone who can write a bit expressing a point of view that is different to my own - the durty, durty b'stard. Hanging is too good for his sort.

SCUM, I tell you.

11. Not my opinion, but we live in a pluralist society and he is entitled to his opinions as much as the next man. If we were all clones of each other, it would be pretty boring.

12. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Will Self is Stacker1's love-child!! :)

13. He is entitled to his own opinion but hes stil a cnut

• Like Like x 2
  14. What?! That would mean that Stacker had sex with someone other than himself? <shudders...>