Will Self and the Loyal Toast - BBC article

Will Self is a self indulgent whining ********. The BBC plug him relentlessly, (he must be on every Radio 4 producers speed dial list). Without their support he would probably be selling the big issue, although he would doubtless screw that up by abusing anyone who bought one! F**ck him!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not bad author in holding his own opinion shocker!!

Hardly outrageous, eh?

I always think he reminds e of lord voldermont

Will Self is so far up himself his voice echoes. He is - or was - also a smack-head.
Really!!! Shock,horror. Let me think, who avoided paying taxes until she was forced too? Has Her son committed adultery? One is going to succeed the other as the head of a church. Just pointing out everybody has failings.

I have read the article and I don't think he is a complete twat at all, just making the usual mistake of confusing the person of the monarch with the institution itself. If we had an elected head of state it is not impossible that Bliar and the wicked witch or entities like them would corner the gig. If we had an inanimate symbol....say...a wicker man or somesuch, it wouldn't be long before the political priesthood had manipulated the legends to suit themselves. So I am quite content with the present arrangements. If wee wille wants to sit for the toast that is OK by me, if he wants to gob off and show disrespect during the loyal toast and he is sat anywhere near me he had better stand to for some incoming.

Good God! Someone who can write a bit expressing a point of view that is different to my own - the durty, durty b'stard. Hanging is too good for his sort.

SCUM, I tell you.

Not my opinion, but we live in a pluralist society and he is entitled to his opinions as much as the next man. If we were all clones of each other, it would be pretty boring.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Will Self is Stacker1's love-child!! :)

He is entitled to his own opinion but hes stil a cnut

Of course he is entitled to his own opinion, I just don't see why he is entitled to broadcast it so frequently at our expense! (3 out of the last 10 broadcasts of "A Point of View").

Not worth getting into an argument about though.

Good God! Someone who can write a bit expressing a point of view that is different to my own - the durty, durty b'stard. Hanging is too good for his sort.

SCUM, I tell you.
It's not the fact that that he expresses a different point of view, it's the way he expresses it.

George Galloway's point of view is almost invariably the exact opposite of mine. Despite this, he expresses his views eloquently and sincerely and it's often a pleasure to listen to the guff he talks.

Self's debating strategy revolves around:-

1 Long sighs of exasperation caused by dealing with intellectual inferiors.

2 Frequently stating that he's an Oxbridge graduate and therefore inhabits a superior astral plane.

3 Saying anything that will cause controversy, even if that means contradicting himself.

4 Admitting his addiction to calss A but trying to tell people that they only think that's a bad thing because of they're not as enlightened as he is.

As stated above, the man is a twat and he should not be allowed in front of a camera unless it's the one used to take mug shots in a police station.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Self's debating strategy revolves around:-

1 Long sighs of exasperation caused by dealing with intellectual inferiors.
Can't say I've ever seen or heard him do that although he doesn't suffer fools gladly or at all.

2 Frequently stating that he's an Oxbridge graduate and therefore inhabits a superior astral plane.
Really? Where and how 'frequently'?

3 Saying anything that will cause controversy, even if that means contradicting himself.
Balls. He has an opinion and presents it robustly.

4 Admitting his addiction to calss A but trying to tell people that they only think that's a bad thing because of they're not as enlightened as he is.
Again, when and where?

As stated above, the man is a twat and he should not be allowed in front of a camera unless it's the one used to take mug shots in a police station.
Don't you feel a man of your age should actually be a grown up by now? Perhaps time to admit that you disagree with his politics and that pretty much informs your response here as it does generally on most things?

Your MO of vituperative but not entirely fact based pseudo informed nonsense is becoming something of a trademark.

What a twat I notice that he says he will toast the queen if some one points a pistol at his head.
I'd love to take up his offer but alas lack a pistol.

Have a look at his last few appearances on Newsnight or QT and you'll see the sighs, rolling of eyes and facial expressions he uses to demonstrate his contempt for those who disagree with him. Or perhaps you'll just see what you want to see.

Have a look at his works, like "Walking to Hollywood", that he describes as semi-autobiographical. Walking to Hollywood is described as "unreadable" by critics but if you persevere you'll find that it could be renamed "My Amazing Life". The man has a superiority complex that makes Gordon Brown look like a picture of mental health.

Have a look at his last appearance on QT. He argues that the Falklands should be returned to Argentina and that their inhabitants should be forcibly deported to Britain because the islands are close to Argentina. At the same time, he argues that the Palestinian territories in the Middle East should be defended from Israel. That sounds like hypocrisy to me, but I didn't go to Oxford.

See if you can dig out the TV appearance he made after being sacked from his journalism job after being caught snorting coke in the toilet on Tony Blair's jet. Everybody was wrong except him. Drugs are great and should be legalised immediately. Clearly he's never lived on a junkie infested council estate.

I'd treat the arrogant, pretentious fool not just with "vituperative nonsense" but with a lit blow torch.

And what do you mean by a man of my age, you cheeky sod?