Will receiving ESA benefits affect my army application?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I receive this benefits which my parents are pushing me to do because we could do with the money, stating that I'm 'unfit to work'. Then wouldn't that affect my application?

Thanks.

Couldnt you just get a job?

Assuming this isn't a wind up....

If you are unfit for work, what role do you see yourself filling?
Normally I'd make a 'joke' about the RAF, or RLC but I just can't be bothered

Your question is unclear, OP. Are you actually unfit for work, or do your folks want you to pretend that you are unfit for work?

If you're not fit, then you probably shouldn't bother applying for HM Forces.

If you ARE fit for work, you should be claiming either Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit, depending on where you live. That'll sort the money bit out, and you'll not be classed as unfit for work.

Your question is unclear, OP. Are you actually unfit for work, or do your folks want you to pretend that you are unfit for work?

If you're not fit, then you probably shouldn't bother applying for HM Forces.

If you ARE fit for work, you should be claiming either Jobseekers Allowance or Universal Credit, depending on where you live. That'll sort the money bit out, and you'll not be classed as unfit for work.
I can obviously work, but I have some conditions. I don't want to take benefits but my parents want me to. I'm fit enough to meet at least most of the fitness requirements right now. My question is will this come up in the application process and I won't be allowed to join?

The_Duke

LE
Locked because:

1. There is a perfectly good set of sticky threads covering recruitment and fitness standards.

2. What do you think the recruitment medical will do when presented with a statement that you are unfit for work?

If you are fit to work, stop lying to claim benefits and then try the application process. If you are not fit to work, the army won’t want you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads