Will no one rid us of this turbulent priest?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by sunnoficarus, Jun 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ideal example of an unelected, self-opinionated liberal mouthing off just because he feels like it. How do we end up with such morons in jobs like these!!

2. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

The first bullet point on the job description of the Arch-Bishop of Canterbury is:

"Make the Govt of the day feel uncomfortable on any issue that comes to hand".

It's his job, he's doing it well, and maybe he's making CMD think twice about the decisions that he's making.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Williams would do well to tend his own fields and try to grow his own reducing flock!

When he increases church-going to the Church of England, instead of presiding over a failing organisation almost totally divorced from people's needs, I might feel he has earned a right to speak of the faults of others.

He will learn my respect to consider his opinion when he sorts out how such a rich organisation as the Church, in every part of the UK, can have such low membership, and most of that of late ages, whilst some other religious organisations go from strength to strength.

I wonder where this was written?

..or is Williams just too senior to read it any more?

4. Hes been out of the limelight for a while so he's spouting his usual anti gov crap. Should stick to preaching and trying to sort out the problems in his flock.

5. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

I couldn't agree with you more! Just think how diluted Arrse would be if we let these people speak!

6. There would'nt happen to be a few drunken soldiers freshly returned from afghanistan kicking about would there?

7. Yer man needs to stand closer to his razor as well.

8. He's entitled to his opinion and there is some truth to what he say's, that said, look close enough and you can just about see Wethers Originals in his pocket and he wouldn't look out of place wanking like a chimpanzee over lazy town!

• Like Like x 1
  9. I once got thrown out of Canterbury Cathedral for chalking a dead bishop shape on the tiled floor, which seemed a bit extreme, after all I burned out a perfectly good Continental rear tyre on the parket bar floor at Onken Head during the Manx TT. No one seemed to care much there.

Based on that I have to conclude that all churchmen are vindictive bastards....

10. The man is inconsequential and the head of a corrupt, hypocritical, inconsequential organisation. Ignore the twat and all he stands for.

11. Fixed that for you.

12. This is why all the muslim countries are so fucked up......

Their equivalents of Rowan Williams have real power to force people to do their bidding.

13. CofE would be great without all that religion mullarky.

14. Please, please tell me that is dinkum.
    I cannot otherwise explain my irrational behaviour for a few minutes after reading it :grin: