Will no one rid us of this turbulent priest?

Ideal example of an unelected, self-opinionated liberal mouthing off just because he feels like it. How do we end up with such morons in jobs like these!!

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
The first bullet point on the job description of the Arch-Bishop of Canterbury is:

"Make the Govt of the day feel uncomfortable on any issue that comes to hand".

It's his job, he's doing it well, and maybe he's making CMD think twice about the decisions that he's making.

Henry the II had the right idea with Bishops talking bollox.

Rowan Williams condemns 'frightening' Coalition - Telegraph
Williams would do well to tend his own fields and try to grow his own reducing flock!

When he increases church-going to the Church of England, instead of presiding over a failing organisation almost totally divorced from people's needs, I might feel he has earned a right to speak of the faults of others.

He will learn my respect to consider his opinion when he sorts out how such a rich organisation as the Church, in every part of the UK, can have such low membership, and most of that of late ages, whilst some other religious organisations go from strength to strength.

I wonder where this was written?

Do not judge, so that you may not be judged. For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get. Why do you see the speck in your neighbor's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbor, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbor's eye.

..or is Williams just too senior to read it any more?

Hes been out of the limelight for a while so he's spouting his usual anti gov crap. Should stick to preaching and trying to sort out the problems in his flock.

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
Ideal example of an unelected, self-opinionated liberal mouthing off just because he feels like it. How do we end up with such morons in jobs like these!!
I couldn't agree with you more! Just think how diluted Arrse would be if we let these people speak!

He's entitled to his opinion and there is some truth to what he say's, that said, look close enough and you can just about see Wethers Originals in his pocket and he wouldn't look out of place wanking like a chimpanzee over lazy town!

I once got thrown out of Canterbury Cathedral for chalking a dead bishop shape on the tiled floor, which seemed a bit extreme, after all I burned out a perfectly good Continental rear tyre on the parket bar floor at Onken Head during the Manx TT. No one seemed to care much there.

Based on that I have to conclude that all churchmen are vindictive bastards....

The man is inconsequential and the head of a corrupt, hypocritical, inconsequential organisation. Ignore the twat and all he stands for.

CofE would be great without all that religion mullarky.

I'm sorry, but anyone who is dillusional enough to believe in the sky pixie cannot then pass judgement on others (see what I did there)
Anyway as usual the greatest story ever told has the answer. Maybe crazy hair ought to read his own manual before spouting off.

He warns that the public is gripped by “fear” over the Government’s reforms to education

Exodus

14:31 And when the Israelites saw the great power the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.

lamenting the “quiet resurgence of the seductive language of the 'deserving’ and 'undeserving’ poor”.

James 2:5. Did not God choose the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It would be a sad country if people were not allowed to talk out against the Gubment of the day.

While not being of the bible punching brethern I do feel he has a point. CMD and his cronies came in to power, just, and took this as a sign to put in place many of their political dreams while blaming Labour. There is no doubt that Labour left UK in the shoite, but I have felt from the very start that CMD et al have cut and cut, just for the sake of cutting.

Yes, there is a lot of saving that needs to be done but, for example, do you think that the depth of SDSR was correct in today's current political climate? We are still fighting a war FFS and are involved in 'persuading' Ghaddafi to retire. MoD is an easy target for politicians, yet he did not have the guts to tackle the biggest drain on the public purse - the NHS. An area that IMO, and one who recently worked in the NHS, there are huge areas of bureaucracy that could go. Most of these those are the ones that are there to keep politicians informed of statistics and NHS procurement is in line with MoD procurement.

Anyway, just my thoughts. Nothing will change over this article so carry on normal jogging.

Let the Bish have his say, not that I think it will worry Dave too much.

As long as it is Rowan Williams with a bit of 4x2 with nails in then yes, oh and the other one now and again :D