Will my criminal record hinder me?

First of all hi to all, i've spent alot of time the last few evenings reading through posts, espcially soldier.a's basic training ones, very informative.

basically my criminal record is thus:

1 conviction - criminal damage without intent (hit a reinforced window it broke i did wrong took punishment)

1 caution - common assualt (i grabbed somone by the arm in anger)
1 caution - cultivating marijuana - this one all i can say is idiot..

i've tried the live chat, but just got told my careers office can give me advice, on top of that my internet is surplied through a 3g mobile connected to my pc, the connection is urine poor, as such i lost connection too often to get the advice i required.

my careers office isn't walk in, i've got an interview on the 11 september but was hoping for a heads up before hand.

i'm looking at joining the royal signals - information systems engineer, i currently study the listed tasks already, although i'm sure thats just an overview.

also i keep seeing WAH alot, i am new and i haven't a clue what it means so could anyone explain a google search doesn't turn up much except work at home.

Thanks

Let's hope it does stop you from joining up especially from joining the Royal Signals.

Damnation said:
also i keep seeing WAH alot, i am new and i haven't a clue what it means so could anyone explain a google search doesn't turn up much except work at home.
As for Wah you haven't searched hard enough

Wah

thank you, i searched google not this site, so yes deffinatly not hard enough as for my record all where over 2 years ago with no charges since.

however your possibly correct. but i'd rather attempt to take my pathetic life, and contribute to somthing better than to waste it away and continue to say i'm nothing but a complete f*ck up.

my cousin got in the army and he had 4 spent convictions, all ABH but he had a 4 year ban from joining as he already waited 3 years

yours arent exactly putting people in hospital jobs like my cousins was (IDIOT) so im sure it wont be a heavy waiting time, thats if there is one

i wouldn't worry too much mate

Damnation said:
thank you, i searched google not this site, so yes deffinatly not hard enough as for my record all where over 2 years ago with no charges since.

however your possibly correct. but i'd rather attempt to take my pathetic life, and contribute to somthing better than to waste it away and continue to say i'm nothing but a complete f*ck up.
PM Sent mate

kyleavfc said:
my cousin got in the army and he had 4 spent convictions, all ABH but he had a 4 year ban from joining as he already waited 3 years

yours arent exactly putting people in hospital jobs like my cousins was (IDIOT) so im sure it wont be a heavy waiting time, thats if there is one

i wouldn't worry too much mate
Thanks for that piece of information, it does alleviate some concerns.

Its great to here your cousin turn his life around i have a friend who does the same, not sure if hes put people in hospital, but he gets on the jack daniels and blacks out i'm told. several times he shows up home covered in other peoples blood, i lost all respect for him some time ago due to this. (due to the fact he is happy doing this every weekend and he is an intelligent lad)

How long until your convictions etc become spent? When they are spent, you can join up (I believe). Be honest, don't hide anything, and make it clear that whilst you haven't been the shiniest penny in the piggy bank you wish to change the direction of your life by taking the Queen's Shilling.

WAH

(I hope this wah question isn't a wah)

all my convictions and cautions are listed on the first post.

for the single coniction i recieved 6 months conditional discharge, £150 fine (replace window) £35 court fees.

all of which and 2 years now gone.

From what I understand, and going by what happened with my friend last year, you can be accepted in to the Army with up to 2 unspent convictions (depending what they are). Best bet is to pop in to your local ACIO and ask there, as they'll be most up to date.

All the best.

Thanks for the info, unfortunatly i can't just 'pop' into my ACIO as its not walk in, i've got an appointment on the 11 september, i was looking for a heads up on my chances (i've got that thank you all) before i went.
Basically i didn't want to waste the officers time if there was no chance of me getting in.
now i just have to cross my fingers and raise my stamina. i did a 2.3 mile run/jog the other morning, i almost threw my guts up.. on the walk home.

i had done weight lifting with up to 20 mins cardio pre weight training( jogging on the spot). but that didn't prepare me for the wierdly warm 5:30am morning jog up a slight incline.

It will depend on your age when conviced as to how long until your convictions are considered spent, have a lookHERE and you can work it out. They may start your processing if your last conviction is close to being spent

You have NO unspent convictions

As long as your fines are paid and your conditional has run out then its all good.
Which ACIO are you at??? Thought ever ACIO/AFCO had a walk in policy?????

I was convicted of GBH and sentenced to 200 hours of community service at the age of eighteen. Realising that I had to get away from all of this I applied to join up. At the recruiting office I was told to do my hours and come back. Although strictly these hours should be only worked off at one or two weeks the probation office assisted me and allowed me to complete them in five weeks. I was convicted in the January and by August I was off to basic training. As this only happened recently I see no reason why you would not be able to join up. Just because you make one mistake all is not lost. Best of luck.

Hereford office, i've been told you can't walk in, and a friend asked about the TA but to do so he had to use a buzzer/Mic.

Thanks for the info about the GBH hopefully i'll be fine, the fine and conditional discharge have passed. Messed up thing is, all my convictions except cultivating i admitted too.

the common assault i was asked by the police did i grab said person i admited it too the caution, although the person didn't press charges.

the breaking of the window, me and an ex were having an argument i stupidly in anger banged the window with the side of my fist (door window) as i was starting to walk off. and it broke. i got her to ring the police so that her housing wouldn't blame her instead it would be all on me.

Too honest for my own good, well when it comes to things i've done, otherwise i tend to plead that i don't know a thing when its a friend.

Latest Threads