Will My AFCO Be Open Today?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Super_Ted, May 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I visited my AFCO last week and arranged to take my BARB today, however, i'm wondering whether or not they'll actually be open today with it being a bank holiday. I've tried phoning them this morning with no answer. Does anyone know if they will be open or is there a chance the CA forgot it was a bank holiday as well?

I usually wouldn't mind going along to check in person but i'm having to travel about 20 miles to get there today.
  2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Have you tried ringing them? I suspect its been a bit of a boob and they are closed today but a phone call should give you the answer.
  3. Use a bit of common sense lad.

Grab a mates mobile phone and call the police, telling them that you are being raped outside the careers office.

When the police turn up to arrest him for making a hoax call, simply ask one of the attending officers if it was open.

If this fails, try again with Fire and Ambulance services.... obviously rememering that firemen are workshy skiving cnuts.
  4. My afco is closed today, they've probably just forgot it was bank holiday. Then again you should have spotted that when they gave you the date and double checked with em.
  5. It was obviously a schoolboy error on behalf of myself and the AFCO. I'll just wait until later and contact the Army Recruitment Call Centre, they're bound to know.
  6. What, do you have a bank holiday brain memoir then? I never know meself just get told.
  7. lol...nah it's just cause it's start of may so you know there's a bank holiday straight away?
  8. Just make sure they dont book the new date in as the 26th of may either.
  9. Just make sure they dont book the new date in as the 26th of may either.