Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will my (23F) relationship survive RMAS and royal engineers?

Truxx

LE
We did have one member of the nobility in my day. A bit of a statistical outlier in that regard but a cracking chap. He has inherited his title now.
We had a Prince (Luxemburg of all places) he and I took carloads of cadets to blag seats on the Press plane from Stansted flying out to the Queens Jubilee parade at Sennelager. On return we raced back to Sandhurst and I wupped his arrse, my Fiat 128 vs his BMW 1502.

Last one back got the Moet in....

Last edited:

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
We had a Prince (Luxemburg of all places) he and I took carloads of cadets to blag seats on the Press plane from Stansted flying out to the Queens Jubilee parade at Sennelager. On return we raced back to Sandhurst and I wupped his arrse, my Fiat 128 vs his BMW 1502.

Last one back got the Moet in....

In long gone pre-Covid times there was a cultural evening each term at Sandbags. Each country would get a table, even a tent in the summer, pile on their national dress or ceremonial uniform, put up posters and show videos whilst offering food and drink from home. It is very competitive with some countries pulling in professional caterers (Wales went for Brains beer and laver bread and the English table did G&T with Jacob's Cream Crackers and cheese).

A couple of years ago there was the most enormous queue of British cadets at one table shared by Mr Luxembourg and Mr Liechtenstein. So we asked why the queue?

It turned out they were serving wine from their respective family vineyards and the desire was to be served Royal wine by Royalty. It was very nice, too.

Wales went for Brains beer...

One of the family (AIUI, it's still a family firm) came to the frozen wastelands of the North to do his brewing degree at a local University; joined the UOTC, finished his degree, headed off to RowCo and then RMAS, and last I heard of him was commanding a Welsh battalion on HERRICK.

Would I be correct in suggesting that (just as when the TA CO of our UOTC was the Managing Director of Broughton Breweries) said beer was being sourced direct from the brewery?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
One of the family (AIUI, it's still a family firm) came to the frozen wastelands of the North to do his brewing degree at a local University; joined the UOTC, finished his degree, headed off to RowCo and then RMAS, and last I heard of him was commanding a Welsh battalion on HERRICK.

Would I be correct in suggesting that (just as when the TA CO of our UOTC was the Managing Director of Broughton Breweries) said beer was being sourced direct from the brewery?

I'm afraid I don't know. My only RMAS/brewing connection is Lord Karan Bilimoria of Cobra renown. He's very generous with the crates.

I'm afraid I don't know. My only RMAS/brewing connection is Lord Karan Bilimoria of Cobra renown. He's very generous with the crates.
He’s a very sound fellow indeed!
Invited to give the Visitor’s speech on Speech Day at the loin-fruits’ alma mater a couple of years ago, which unusually was extremely funny and interesting, he then treated the assembled masses to bottles of free Cobra with our lunch in the marquee afterwards.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
He’s a very sound fellow indeed!
Invited to give the Visitor’s speech on Speech Day at the loin-fruits’ alma mater a couple of years ago, which unusually was extremely funny and interesting, he then treated the assembled masses to bottles of free Cobra with our lunch in the marquee afterwards.

He does a good talk here on leadership followed by beer and curry (in normal times).

I’m starting sandhurst September ‘21 (hopefully) but wondering how relationships tend to work? My boyfriend is supportive and we’ve been together 8 years and done long distance through uni but have just moved in together this year. We were planning on buying a house (he has a job in London, in defence sector) next year but I‘m not sure how much ill be away or traveling over the next few years and wanted general advice or other people’s experiences on if and how relationships last through training and the following years. I’m planning on joining Royal Engineers if that makes a difference to time away?

You have made a wise choice to ask these questions on this site, given how many soothsayers frequent it.

You will have a long and happy life.

You will meet a tall dark stranger, but beware of what lays behind a red door.

Fortune will favour you when Aquarius is in the tail of Capricorn.

PM me for Saturday's winning lottery numbers.

Yours,
Mystic Meg.

You have made a wise choice to ask these questions on this site, given how many soothsayers frequent it.

You will have a long and happy life.

You will meet a tall dark stranger, but beware of what lays behind a red door.

Fortune will favour you when Aquarius is in the tail of Capricorn.

PM me for Saturday's winning lottery numbers.

Yours,
Mystic Meg.

Are you colour blind?

It’s the green door she has to beware.

Oh Bob, you really did mis-spend your youth didn't you. I bet you were a 'Bay City Rollers' fan as well weren't you!

Certainly not.

The music police were out in force at the Duke of York’s in the 1970’s.

Anyone caught listening to girly music was forced to take a hot crumpet from behind without blubbing...

Certainly not.

The music police were out in force at the Duke of York’s in the 1970’s.

Anyone caught listening to girly music was forced to take a hot crumpet from behind without blubbing...
IIRC, The Dukies had a reputation for drug taking and shagging sheep and not necessarily in that order, in the 1970s (no apostrophe).

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
IIRC, The Dukies had a reputation for drug taking and shagging sheep and not necessarily in that order, in the 1970s (no apostrophe).

Drugging sheep?

Latest Threads