Will Ling Stock These??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rocketeer, Aug 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. haven't seen any posts by our resident Chinese capitalist, Ling the car thief, thought she might be out stocking up on these for the fall market.

Panasonic has created a car that gets up to 100 mph on 192 AA batteries.

[ blurb didn't say how long they last, ] be a bugger finding out which ones ran out or sitting opening the damn plastic bubble casings on the little f**kers.... do you need the 4 or 8 pack?

2. Use Duracell. They go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on an and on and on and on and ond on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on

3. What car, anyway?

4. Panasonic breaks world speed record for AA battery powered car
    Faster than a speeding bullet - well sort of...
    by Stuart Miles

Panasonic breaks world speed record for AA battery powered car image
    6 August 2007 16:20 GMT - Panasonic has set a new world record for the fastest car in the world powered by standard regular AA batteries.

Although not something that we are sure happens often, it took 192 Panasonic AA Oxyride dry cell batteries in total to achieve the result.

The 38kg car which looks like it barely had room for its driver let alone a passenger or the weekly shop managed a top speed of 122km/h and had an overall speed of 105.95km/h across 2 1km runs making it the fastest vehicle of its type.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Banzai, tora! tora! tora! Hiroshima, instant sunshine.............oh bollocks!

5. I wouldn't volenteer to drive a such a speed if I was lying down, unaware of the route.

6. I bet the environmentalists are going to have a field day, chucking out 192 batteries every kilometre.

Panasonic only sell the batteries in packs of two or four. Why not a pack of 192, if that's what's needed?

7. I hope they dispose of the 192 used batteries in an enviromentally friendly way !!!!

8. I prefer one of these AA Battery's myself........... :D

Attached Files:

9. Me missus dildo runs on more batteries than this car does. 193 to be exact.

As hard as she might try, she still can't keep up with me proverbial sausage! :D

10. You will come into some flak for that one ( ouch )

11. :D