ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

will join soon

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Sam2038, Jan 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd try a couple of places

Hello,

I wanted to ask some advice from people who are actually in the army (no offence to my AI’s but most of them never have been). I am a cadet staff sergeant at the moment and am about to join the regulars, I scored well on my BARBS but have told the recruiters that I don’t want to join a trade and instead want to join Infantry

What I want to know is how hard is it to get in the SAS?

This is all I have ever wanted to do and I have trained hard in my CCF unit to learn the skills. I have studied fieldcraft and weapons, have read a lot of the ITC manuals and have always took notice on battle camp and the visits to Army units.

I know it might not be real life, but I watched the “SAS are you tough enough” program and put myself (with my brother, felllow cadet) through a lot of the tests on there and I think that with a few months training I could do selection.

What unit should I join to give me the best chance? I always thought it was Paras but having read a few things on here, it seems that the Paras don’t really seem to do a lot anymore. I know that it might be a bad thing joining a “REMF” unit as you lot call them such as the RLC because they do not seem to be taken seriously by anyone else (sorry RLC, only repeating what I have read on here, no offence).

Any advice would be apprecited. I want to be SAS and I hope I get to work with you one day

2. waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ive just been looking at what a "waaahh" is on here and honestly, it isn't.

I'm 18, have done my BARBS and want to join a unit that will help me get in the SAS. Sorry if I offended anyone with the "REMF" comment but I can only pass on what I have read on here and what our parent Army unit have told me.

I think I've learned a lot already and could easily fit in to a army unit. All I wanted was some advice.

4. When you join the Army, don't tell anyone that you was in the Army cadets, as it wont help you one bit...

5. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

[​IMG]

Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.