will join soon

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Sam2038, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I didn't know where to post this so I thought I'd try a couple of places

I wanted to ask some advice from people who are actually in the army (no offence to my AI’s but most of them never have been). I am a cadet staff sergeant at the moment and am about to join the regulars, I scored well on my BARBS but have told the recruiters that I don’t want to join a trade and instead want to join Infantry

What I want to know is how hard is it to get in the SAS?

This is all I have ever wanted to do and I have trained hard in my CCF unit to learn the skills. I have studied fieldcraft and weapons, have read a lot of the ITC manuals and have always took notice on battle camp and the visits to Army units.

I know it might not be real life, but I watched the “SAS are you tough enough” program and put myself (with my brother, felllow cadet) through a lot of the tests on there and I think that with a few months training I could do selection.

What unit should I join to give me the best chance? I always thought it was Paras but having read a few things on here, it seems that the Paras don’t really seem to do a lot anymore. I know that it might be a bad thing joining a “REMF” unit as you lot call them such as the RLC because they do not seem to be taken seriously by anyone else (sorry RLC, only repeating what I have read on here, no offence).

Any advice would be apprecited. I want to be SAS and I hope I get to work with you one day
  2. waaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. Ive just been looking at what a "waaahh" is on here and honestly, it isn't.

I'm 18, have done my BARBS and want to join a unit that will help me get in the SAS. Sorry if I offended anyone with the "REMF" comment but I can only pass on what I have read on here and what our parent Army unit have told me.

I think I've learned a lot already and could easily fit in to a army unit. All I wanted was some advice.
  4. When you join the Army, don't tell anyone that you was in the Army cadets, as it wont help you one bit...
  5. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.