• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Will i get in??????????????

#1
Hi i was wondering and worrying im 18 and thinking about joining the army to get in the military police but i was wondering about the standards as my teeth arnt as good as they should be holes in quite a lot of my teeth and what is the statdard your eyes have to be in????????????????????????????????????????????????

cheers in advance
 
#7
You should try to get any outstanding dental work complete before selection, you can be failed for this. If in doubt apply and let the Dr at the selection centre decide.

Eyesight Standards The standard personal weapon is the SA80 and this requires vision in the right eye to be correctable to no less than 6/9. Vision in the left eye must be correctable to no less than 6/36. Spectacle correction must be no greater than -7diopters or +8 in any meridian. Certain types of surgery or laser treatment to correct visual defects are unacceptable and clarification should be sought prior to application.
 
#9
Paul12345 said:
Hi i was wondering and worrying im 18 and thinking about joining the army to get in the military police but i was wondering about the standards as my teeth arnt as good as they should be holes in quite a lot of my teeth and what is the statdard your eyes have to be in????????????????????????????????????????????????

cheers in advance
not an issue in my opinion
 
#11
Armed_and_dangerous said:
Paul12345 said:
Hi i was wondering and worrying im 18 and thinking about joining the army to get in the military police but i was wondering about the standards as my teeth arnt as good as they should be holes in quite a lot of my teeth and what is the statdard your eyes have to be in????????????????????????????????????????????????

cheers in advance
not an issue in my opinion
it is a requirement for recruits and serving personnel to be

dentally, as well as medically, fit for role

'cos youre no use on the frontline if all you can think about is toothache
 
#15
Armed_and_dangerous said:
bit harsh
Granted, but fair. Unless he's had a run in with Der Weisse Engel, his teeth are probably manky because he hasnt taken care of them.
I'll bet his mates dont call him Colgate.

"Is it safe?"
 
#16
i wouldnt worry, most important is to say u dont have any problems being pain or anything, just keep ya mouth closed and dont smile and hopefully u may get in, u never know u always get another chance
 
#17
millzi07 said:
i wouldnt worry, most important is to say u dont have any problems being pain or anything, just keep ya mouth closed and dont smile and hopefully u may get in, u never know u always get another chance
Congratulations, you win the prize for todays most counterproductive piece of advice.
Life in general, and soldiering in particular, is all about solving problems. Sticking your head in the sand and hoping that things will all turn out okay is a juvenile and idiotic way to live your life.
If you cant confront and overcome the minor issue of a few manky molars, how can you possibly hope to prevail against the unfavourable odds that are the stock in trade of the Airborne soldier.

Edited to add: I thought you had The Parachute Regiment in mind, nevertheless, even monkeys need a serviceable set of teeth. Get em sorted you grotty little man!
 
#18
If your teeth and gums are in a 'poor state of repair' you'll be graded as unfit

but if you get yourself along to the dentist NOW! youll be graded as 'work ongoing' - which is an improvemnet already, and all you'll have done is put your arrse in a dentists chair
 
#20
Don't worry about your teeth - if you're going to join the Airborne Brotherhood they're going to get punched so far down your throat when you get to your unit that you'll be eating through your arrse. Problem solved.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts