Will I die?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheCheerfulSubbie, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Yes, don't be a homo and eat it!

2. No, are you quite mad?

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Basically, I have acquired a mint and unopened box of vintage 1975 Compo, more out of curiosity than anything else. On looking inside, I found that it was the old Menu A, containing such joys as Chicken Curry, Apple Flakes, Spangles, and milk in a tube.

I know I probably shouldn't, but part of me really wants to see what it tastes like.

The question is, will it kill me? Or will it make me stronger, like all the old sweats on here who have eaten it before? I must admit, I am tempted by the Spangles, whatever they are....

Arrsers, I bow to your wisdom.... eat, or save for posterity?

Tonights Dinner Menu Clicky

Edited for typo and to add clicky.
  2. msr

msr LE

At some stage: yes.

3. Is it in the tins?

If so i wouldn't be surprised of the internal coating has all peeled off onto the food.
  4. Do you have any children?

I would advise offering them some first, if they live past the next 12 hours then it should be alright.
  5. Yes, it's in the tins, even the "Cheese Possessed" is in some kind of neat little tin.

The milk and margarine in the tubes seem ok.
  6. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Do it!

and then give us the story of what they tasted like from the floor of your toilet as you blow from both ends with food poisoning :twisted:
  7. Hey, I've had that.

It's not that old :evil:
  8. Get amongst it!

Whats the worst that can happen, sit on the toilet all night? I presume you have a phone near by with the number 9 still fully functional?
  9. The marge will be ok, the grease in it will have prevented the tin corroding.

Not too sure about the other stuff. I think I would only eat the apple flakes.

Give it to the local school when harvest festival comes and then look at the local papers for cases of food poisoning amongst pensioners.
  10. I like the kids response. If you have two, hold one back to care for you in old age. Or to poke you with a stick. Whichever...
  11. The only sure things in life are death and taxes: just think, if you die, you'll save on paying tax! :D
  12. Sadly, there's no wife or kids to test it on. Ladies, form an orderly queue.

(I mean, who wouldn't want a bored YO who spends his Sat night in, sniffing old compo?) :D

13. Any pets?
  14. AND NURSES! :wink:
  15. You just keep telling yourself as you munch on your Werther's Originals! (Make sure they don't crack your false teeth...) :p