• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Will I die?

Is 30 year old Compo good for you?

• Yes, don't be a homo and eat it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, are you quite mad?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Basically, I have acquired a mint and unopened box of vintage 1975 Compo, more out of curiosity than anything else. On looking inside, I found that it was the old Menu A, containing such joys as Chicken Curry, Apple Flakes, Spangles, and milk in a tube.

I know I probably shouldn't, but part of me really wants to see what it tastes like.

The question is, will it kill me? Or will it make me stronger, like all the old sweats on here who have eaten it before? I must admit, I am tempted by the Spangles, whatever they are....

Arrsers, I bow to your wisdom.... eat, or save for posterity?

Tonights Dinner Menu Clicky

Edited for typo and to add clicky.

At some stage: yes.

msr

Is it in the tins?

If so i wouldn't be surprised of the internal coating has all peeled off onto the food.

Do it!

and then give us the story of what they tasted like from the floor of your toilet as you blow from both ends with food poisoning :twisted:

TheCheerfulSubbie said:
Yes, it's in the tins, even the "Cheese Possessed" is in some kind of neat little tin.

The milk and margarine in the tubes seem ok.
Hey, I've had that.

It's not that old :evil:

S

Screw_The_Nut

Get amongst it!

Whats the worst that can happen, sit on the toilet all night? I presume you have a phone near by with the number 9 still fully functional?

The marge will be ok, the grease in it will have prevented the tin corroding.

Not too sure about the other stuff. I think I would only eat the apple flakes.

Give it to the local school when harvest festival comes and then look at the local papers for cases of food poisoning amongst pensioners.

I like the kids response. If you have two, hold one back to care for you in old age. Or to poke you with a stick. Whichever...

TheCheerfulSubbie said:
Basically, I have acquired a mint and unopened box of vintage 1975 Compo, more out of curiosity than anything else. On looking inside, I found that it was the old Menu A, containing such joys as Chicken Curry, Apple Flakes, Spangles, and milk in a tube.

I know I probably shouldn't, but part of me really wants to see what it tastes like.

The question is, will it kill me? Or will it make me stronger, like all the old sweats on here who have eaten it before? I must admit, I am tempted by the Spangles, whatever they are....

Arrsers, I bow to your wisdom.... eat, or save for posterity?
Not sure why I know this, but Spangles are those square boiled sweets. Look like the old Tunes.

Feck me, THE CONDENSED MILK, caress the tube, open it slowly, suck gently, rinse round your mouth, taste the flavour, and watch yer teeth fall out

Are we talking the old Last of the Summer Wine Compo? You dirrrty bastard