Will I be drug tested in the RMR?

prm95

Crow
No matter what I write I'm gonna get flak for this, I couldn't give a shit I'm just after a legit answer. I've been a silly bastard, I've smoked a bit of weed and I'm wanting to join the reserves while I go through uni and go on to join the regulars once I've graduated, however will I have to take a piss test while joining the reserves?

Yes, you will be tested, when your regular consumption and the random test collide is unknown.

No matter what I write I'm gonna get flak for this, I couldn't give a shit I'm just after a legit answer. I've been a silly bastard, I've smoked a bit of weed and I'm wanting to join the reserves while I go through uni and go on to join the regulars once I've graduated, however will I have to take a piss test while joining the reserves?
You are liable to be tested, you may not actually be tested.

The Forces don't like cannabis, as it inhibits aggressive behaviour.

OK. I'd have thought that being calmer would have been a plus... on the other hand I've met plenty of hysterical wibbling loons who smoke dope and they didn't even seem very pacifistic either.
Let's face it none of our recreational substances make us more cleverer or longer lived.

Can't see how having a reduced aggression reflex would be much help in a scrap or when you need to think really, really quickly...

Hahahahahahahahahah! REALLY! I must have imagined all those violent skunked up cu├▒ts I've dealt with over the year's.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Its a legit question - mirroring society today...

Yes my friend you're likely to be tested at some point. The Services have decided that drug use [no matter how 'minor'] and Service life are non compatible. Whatever the various arguments, until, or when, or if, they move the goal posts on that, that will remain the case....

Decisions to be made I feel....

Good luck with your application - I hope you do well.

Last edited:
You are liable to be tested, you may not actually be tested.

More likely because it makes them lie on the floor listening to Pink Floyd with the room lit by a red lightbulb. And then storming the NAAFI for munchie snacks.

...and because the user is deemed prone to being blackmailed...

Latest Threads