Will I be booted out for missing a couple of weekends?

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by tough_guy, Apr 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm gonna have to miss a phase one training weekend due to family commitments. The Mrs has given me the "what's more important, the TA or your family" speach, so instead of training I'll be sitting in a crappy caravan playing happy families.

Thing is it's not the first time I've had to cancel a weekend due to family issues (new sprog, angry wife) and considering I'm new to the TA environment I was wondering how much shit I'll be in with the higher ups.

Are they likely to show me the door?

2. Mate, if they did that to everyone there would be very few people left.

Life's, life and you have to balance accordingly, as msr always says

"Family, Work, TA"

All they will do is bump you onto the next course, they only take measures if you have been messing about for a year or so and only manged a few weekend (which happens)

My best advice is do what it takes to get the long haired colonel on your side

3. Before I joined up as a Regular, I was in the TA whilst at university.

The training Sergeant Major's stance was: Family, Work & TA. In that order, but then again that was Newcastle.

I doubt they'll show you the door.

4. If your training gap between each of the recruit weekends is too great, you may have to start again again though

5. msr

msr LE

Just make sure you give your RRTT guys as much notice as possible that you won't be coming.

msr