Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will i be allowed to join?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, first time comment.

To give background, if never really liked the jobs I've done, they have all been offices based and felt like I was going insane.

I'm 35 next month, and after making a silly comment on Facebook, I have been sacked for gross misconduct.

I have thought about joining the army in the past as my first degree was in forensics and it got me interested in certain fields within the army.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, would the army still allow me to join if I have been sacked for gross misconduct. I know my age should be ok as they say on the army website you can join up to 50 (48 for normal army, 50 for reserves)

To let you know, fully accepted what I had done but can't bare to go back to another depressing office job. I'm 35, in decent physical health, no health conditions or pre existing medical problems, no criminal convictions etc.

Thanks for any insight

Faded

Old-Salt
I don't know about the misconduct bit but I can say that joining at 35 whilst physically possible is going to present a whole number of other challenges.

I'd stick to the reserves and have a look at jobs such as the police, prison service etc if you'd like a job that isn't 9-5.

You don't want to lie to them, because if it's discovered, you're in the dodo.

The question is gross misconduct for what? If it's something sexist, racist, homophobic etc you're stuck. If you called the boss a tunc, not so much.

Age, I wouldn't worry about, just get fitter.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Hi all, first time comment.

To give background, if never really liked the jobs I've done, they have all been offices based and felt like I was going insane.

I'm 35 next month, and after making a silly comment on Facebook, I have been sacked for gross misconduct.

I have thought about joining the army in the past as my first degree was in forensics and it got me interested in certain fields within the army.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, would the army still allow me to join if I have been sacked for gross misconduct. I know my age should be ok as they say on the army website you can join up to 50 (48 for normal army, 50 for reserves)

To let you know, fully accepted what I had done but can't bare to go back to another depressing office job. I'm 35, in decent physical health, no health conditions or pre existing medical problems, no criminal convictions etc.

Thanks for any insight

You talk about a first degree, which implies that there are more. The Reserves won't care so much but I suspect the Regulars will only take you as an officer or as something esoteric. The fact that you've managed to get sacked for a comment on social media will require some mitigation - at the very least it's poor judgement.

In all honesty, you sound a bit like a mid-life crisis merchant/perpetual swanner and the Army really isn't the place of last resort that you seem to imagine it to be.

Bob65

War Hero
If that is your real forename, last initial and year of birth, you would be well advised to change them....

You don't want to lie to them, because if it's discovered, you're in the dodo.

They're extinct, I believe the Army use the lesser spotted Great whooping Duck for those caught lying these days or A Rilk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads