Will I be able to claim for IE allowance on AT

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by gunit, Dec 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a Quick one i am going on a 9 day Adventure Training exercise to andorra. I was wondering if i would be entitled to claim for IE at £10 per day without reciepts.

regards

2. I would assume the ex will be granted field conditions - in which case IE is not admissible.

PW

3. Field conditions ? not sure we are in a hotel for the exercise duration. What would we be entitled to if we were granted field conditions?

Regards

4. Field Conditions= refund of food charge (if not PAYD) and accomm charge.

Not too sure about the IE bit as not currently at work to check.

Jockster

5. Like I said - if field conditions IE is not admissible

PW

6. What if the whole unit is on FIA?

Regards

7. If you are on FIA at your normal duty Station then go into field conditions, on CILOR the CILOR rate is abated by the food element of FIA (up to the full rate of CILOR), If on Subsistence allowance (not normal) this is also abated by the food element of FIA - rules don't state what happens if on ORP!! In either case IE is not admissible.

Any more "what ifs"?

PW

8. Thanks for the reply and help. In laymans terms then i am not entitled to IE, What happens to the CILOR that i have applied for do i still receive both FIA and CILOR. The rate for CILOR is £71.50 each for 10 days.

regards

9. Like I said CILOR is abated by the food element of FIA (I think about £1.90 per day) so the daily rate of 7.15 should be reduced by this by your FSA when you draw the cash - he/she should know the score!! your FIA will remain in issue.

PW

10. thanks

so basically i keep FIA gain CILOR but minus £1.90 from the CILOR pot.

regards