Will having a skydiving licence help me to join the paras

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Stefanfed, Jun 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im just wondering if having a skydiving licence will greatly improve my chances of joining the Para's.

Also what is the BARB test score for joining the Para's?

Thanks for any replies

2. No it won't, and being a qualified chef will not help you join RLC as a chef.

What a stupid question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BARB test score for the PARAs? Lol, if they manage to turn up at the approx right time/date/place they are in. If they bring a pen they go to Sandhurst.

3. Like he ^ said - It won't help you - and IF you do manage to pass 'P' Coy - keep your mouth SHUT about skydiving.

Quickest way to become 'Norman No Mates'...is to gob off !! :D

4. MORE BONE QUESTIONS!

5. MORE BONE QUESTIONS!
    Why can't people use the threads that are in place, is it too hard to look through, or is this another stupid WAH attempt.

If it is serious, do you really think that civvy skydiving and the Para's is the same? do you jump at night, do you do nbc jumps, do you jump into a contact zone? (if you can answer all 3 or any one of these then you must be an airsofter!)

STILTS

6. Just wondering, I am a qualified and up to date soldier (after a fashion). Will this help me to be CEO of ICI? I only ask as I heard he gets paid more than me so I want his job.....

7. MORE BONE QUESTIONS!
    Why can't people use the threads that are in place, is it too hard to look through, or is this another stupid WAH attempt.

If it is serious, do you really think that civvy skydiving and the Para's is the same? do you jump at night, do you do nbc jumps, do you jump into a contact zone? (if you can answer all 3 or any one of these then you must be an airsofter!)

STILTS

8. TIP: If you answer 'C' for all questions in the BARB test you will score high enough to get into the infantry.

9. If you answer 'E' (there is only A-D) in the BARB test you will get in the PARAs

10. I've got a driving license, will the Army let me drive a tank?

11. Stefanfed....Your seriously going to get the piss ripped out of you for asking question like tha!

12. probably be a disadvantage had a mate in the regimental free fall team got persuaded to do a military jump with the paras.
    said it was the scariest thing he'd ever done and the paras were even more mental than he'd assumed they already were. :twisted:

13. I think he has realised that.

Perhaps we need to design a certificate (sustificat - Steve Wright, R2) to send to bone questionners.

He can hang his next to his skydiving cert above his bed if he gets in.

14. funny as vook. ha ha ha ha....

a skydiving license may get you a special job in the Paras, although make sure you specifically ask to be pointed to 3 Para Mortars... flash your license and the rest will, as they say, be history ;)

15. Yes-be sure to stick copies of any photographs/certificates/wings you earned above your bed space during recruit training.