Will global warming/climate change kill us?

if the poles reverse which they are predicted to do, then the weather cycle will change.

global warming is due to humans?, we have only been on earth a very short time, compared to the age of the planet, after the ice age, the planet is merely reverting to its natural state.

if we cant live under the new conditions then yes we shall no doubt as a species die out

A

ALVIN

Rubbish, --- The world has always heated up and cooled down in cycles, you would not argue about global warming after the last ice age would you? (as there were no humans around!)----- Funny how certain establishments are laughing all the way to the bank on this subject, with their scare storys!! ---- The British Government is one of the biggest culprits!!

Bugsy said:
Here's an interesting article I found about global warming/climate change and about the effects they'll have on the world in a very few years:

http://suicidegirls.com/news/politics/23764/The Biggest Failure of All/

I, personally, believe that it's high time that gobments start doing something effective to combat this.

MsG
Yup, start by removing your personal form of transport, if your cold cut the supply of fuel(you can always put on extra layers of recycled clothes)...hot food who needs it..M8.. raw swedes/sugar beet dug up by your bare hands(a la Ravensbrook/treblinka/Gulag stylee) will feed you...cut the population, so you'll be singing 'castrati' in the choir till your 65 after which it'll be a visit to the local 'Dignitas' franchise...job done ...life lived.........now to the nitty gritty, suicide girls website..lovely...all these tasty Goth birds... :D

Answer: No.

Yawns and goes back to sleep.

No The Government will have bled us dry long before the environment gets us.

Mans influence on the climate is negligible.
History prooves the point, the last ice age neither starter or finished because of anything mankind was doing did it?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
The moment i read the word 'scary' in any so-called genuine report, I know it has been written by an eleven year old.
Anyway, the environment thing is merely another excuse to raise more taxes because Nature will do what it will and we can merely hope the system is working for us.

milsum said:
I know a few forecasters at the Met Office who might not survive the summer. ;)
Yeah, we can't trust them to forecast what the weather's going to be like in September, but they know what the climate's going to be like in 2050?

Bugsy said:
I, personally, believe that it's high time that gobments start doing something effective to combat this.

MsG
with you all the way bugsy...just get the Indians, the Chinese, the Septics and all of Africa to reduce its carbon emissions.....let me know when your half way through convincing them wont you

jagman said:
History prooves the point, the last ice age neither starter or finished because of anything mankind was doing did it?
I'm not sure that history "prooves" the point, Jagman. History was never confronted with the unprecedented levels of man-made intrusions into nature.

The earth is a very finely balanced eco-system and who knows what effect it's had that, over the centuries, that milligans and milligans of tonnes of ore, coal, ballast, gold and what-have-you have been transported to places where they were never meant to be. Who knows the effect of dumping milligans and milligans of tonnes of weight on spots around the earth which were never designed for it.

I know you'll laugh if off as the ramblings of some stupid Mick fück, but know that we don't even really know what goes on in our own bodies, let alone what the wider picture is.

MsG

drain_sniffer said:
Bugsy said:
I know you'll laugh if off as the ramblings of some stupid Mick fück,

MsG
much like every other thread you start
Yoo velli fonni mann, Sniff drain fella! So humerous, why not ritin' comedies for telly?

And in your pathetic eagerness to pluck a "look-a-me" point from your "Bugsy's a complete Mick twät" post, you've contributed fück-all to the theme of the thread. Ever thought about that, pazzo?

MsG

Bugsy said:
drain_sniffer said:
Bugsy said:
I know you'll laugh if off as the ramblings of some stupid Mick fück,

MsG
much like every other thread you start
Yoo velli fonni mann, Sniff drain fella! So humerous, why not ritin' comedies for telly?

And in your pathetic eagerness to pluck a "look-a-me" point from your "Bugsy's a complete Mick twät" post, you've contributed fück-all to the theme of the thread. Ever thought about that, pazzo?

MsG
because a report by "fearthe reaper" on a website from "the suicide girls" is a serious discussion on global warming isn't it :roll:

found out who knocked the twin towers down yet?

Bugsy said:
jagman said:
I'm not sure that history "prooves" the point, Jagman. History was never confronted with the unprecedented levels of man-made intrusions into nature.

The earth is a very finely balanced eco-system and who knows what effect it's had that, over the centuries, that milligans and milligans of tonnes of ore, coal, ballast, gold and what-have-you have been transported to places where they were never meant to be. Who knows the effect of dumping milligans and milligans of tonnes of weight on spots around the earth which were never designed for it.

I know you'll laugh if off as the ramblings of some stupid Mick fück, but know that we don't even really know what goes on in our own bodies, let alone what the wider picture is.

MsG
But it does prove the point Bugsy, the climate of this planet has constantly changed and changed in hugely dramatic fashion.
From ice ages, to tropical heat, the British Isles has seen the lot. The British Isles will no doubt see it all again.
If you compare mankinds carbon output to natures then it is patently obvious we have only a tiny impact.

In the meantime politicians will milk climate change for all its worth because it suits their purposes. The misguided greenies will continue to do a King Canute against the rising tide.
Me? I'll go on burning fossil fuels until they price me out of it. Then I'll just burn politicians to keep warm in winter.
One thing is for sure, the planet will roll on with its course regardless. If there is a god (which I have no belief in) then he must be pishing himself laughing at mankind's arrogance to think we have that much impact in the universe.
Once man exterminates himself with his follies the planet will just continue as if we were never here.