Will Dominic Cummings be needing a new job soon?

Should Dominic Cummings resign over this scandal and violation of blatant lockdown advice?

• Yes

Votes: 52 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 124 51.7%
  • Divided

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 56 23.3%

• Total voters
Is telling a reporter you were planning a Coup against a serving P.M. not tantamount to admitting Treason?

Should Cummins not be no interviewed by the police and made to hand over his fellow co-conspirators.
Given he's coughed to briefing LK and the BBC via the "back door" should they not be sat in the next cell

I can't help thinking if this was overseas they'd now be sat in a cell contemplating a long sentence

Give Patel a bit more time, she's working on it.

They're don't challenge him, their jobs are to dig very large pits with pungi stakes smeared in s*** and invite him to fall in.. Whilst I dislike the PM, I'm very conscious if he wasn't around the old conservative party of david cameron would slither back into power and what little progress we've made in recent years would evaporate.
You just have to stoically endure the return of conservative Conservatives to the Conservative Party.
Instead of rackety and incompetent authoritarians that make your little tummy finger tingle.

You just have to stoically endure the return of conservative Conservatives to the Conservative Party.
Instead of rackety and incompetent authoritarians that make your little tummy finger tingle.

I doubt after "The Night of the Blonde Knives" that is likely? And that was the point.

I doubt after "The Night of the Blonde Knives" that is likely? And that was the point.
When the 1922 finally invite Boris to "Spend more time with his family", at least he has several families to spend time with.

Carrie Antionette is the latest model, but as the old rogue James Goldsmith remarked
"When a man marries his mistress, he creates a job vacancy".

There is always another blonde bimbo eruption just around the corner with Boris.

When the 1922 finally invite Boris to "Spend more time with his family", at least he has several families to spend time with.

Carrie Antionette is the latest model, but as the old rogue James Goldsmith remarked
"When a man marries his mistress, he creates a job vacancy".

There is always another blonde bimbo eruption just around the corner with Boris.

You are much nicer than me, what came to my mind was Kipling's Barrack Room ballad of "The Sergeant's Wedding"

’E WAS warned agin’ ’er—
That’s what made ’im look;
She was warned agin’ ’im—
That is why she took.
’Wouldn’t ’ear no reason,
’Went an’ done it blind;
We know all about ’em,
They’ve got all to find!
Cheer for the Sergeant’s weddin’—
Give ’em one cheer more!
Grey gun-’orses in the lando,
An’ a rogue is married to a whore

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Of course, but he takes it to a whole new level.

It's not as if it's a perceived character judgement, it's all well documented.

As Eddie Mair once said to Boris in an interview and was bang on - "You're a nasty piece of work, aren't you?"
Not too many politicians that are not - and none of them make it to real power!

I am loving all the "interview experts coming out" on the TV.

Most of their hot takes are so convincing, I am merely surprised they haven't brought in a phrenologist to check out the Mekon's head as part of their "analysis"
I've got the box on in the background(WFH still) and between Sky/BBC I find it astonishing how a person goes from utter s*** and wouldn't believe a word that comes out of that mans mouth, to sage of our time and all he needed do to turn his reputation around, was to slag off the PM.

I've got the box on in the background(WFH still) and between Sky/BBC I find it astonishing how a person goes from utter s*** and wouldn't believe a word that comes out of that mans mouth, to sage of our time and all he needed do to turn his reputation around, was to slag off the PM.

Bit like all the loyal Conservative MPs who went from defending him to lining up to defame him?

Politics is a funny thing.

Bit like all the loyal Conservative MPs who went from defending him to lining up to defame him?

Party loyalty at election time is one thing.
Backbench loyalty for the next few years? Never happens.

Of course, it isn't mutually exclusive, because there were many Conservatives who were quite open in disliking Boris as the bungling treacherous backstabbing skirt chasing ratbag he is.

But they were equally contemptuous of the conniving, treacherous, self important windbag Cummings that Boris hired.

They didn't despise him because he was a Boris hire. That was merely evidence of Boris' lack of judgement, and no surprise.
They despised Cummings because he is, well, just despicable.

In the order of 'I wouldn't trust a word told to me', without going off to check the facts myself, or wait for the objective facts to come out:-
1. The media - totally unreliable to the point of criminally so.
2. Politicans - just tell you what you want to hear.
3. To be fair to Cummings he is below the other two in terms of lying. Even his 350m Bus wasn't necessarily a lie and he actually made the valid argument it was in theory achievable.

Party loyalty at election time is one thing.
Backbench loyalty for the next few years? Never happens.

Of course, it isn't mutually exclusive, because there were many Conservatives who were quite open in disliking Boris as the bungling treacherous backstabbing skirt chasing ratbag he is.

But they were equally contemptuous of the conniving, treacherous, self important windbag Cummings that Boris hired.

They didn't despise him because he was a Boris hire. That was merely evidence of Boris' lack of judgement, and no surprise.
They despised Cummings because he is, well, just despicable.

What does interest me is this -

Mr Cummings also revealed that he considered a coup against Mr Johnson only “days” after the 2019 poll – during which he had helped him secure one of the largest general election wins in decades – due to fears the Conservative Party leader’s then-girlfriend, Carrie Johnson, was trying to oust Vote Leave personnel.

“Before even mid-January we were having meetings in Number 10 saying it’s clear that Carrie (Johnson) wants rid of all of us,” he said.

“At that point we were already saying by the summer either we’ll all have gone from here or we’ll be in the process of trying to get rid of him and get someone else in as prime minister.”

I do wonder as to who would make up the decision making circle for this, some mix of Conservatives and others I think. I do hope that at least some in this are elected.

One would also think that this 'coup d'etat' is still in progress and that whatever Mr Cummings is saying is in order to advance it.

In the order of 'I wouldn't trust a word told to me', without going off to check the facts myself, or wait for the objective facts to come out:-
1. The media - totally unreliable to the point of criminally so.
2. Politicans - just tell you what you want to hear.
3. To be fair to Cummings he is below the other two in terms of lying. Even his 350m Bus wasn't necessarily a lie and he actually made the valid argument it was in theory achievable.

All a bit "Lying doth never prosper, what's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it lying", with apologies to John Harington, for me.

No he didn't.

He said quite clearly yesterday that the £350M thing was done solely to wind up Remain.

What does interest me is this -

I do wonder as to who would make up the decision making circle for this, some mix of Conservatives and others I think. I do hope that at least some in this are elected.

One would also think that this 'coup d'etat' is still in progress and that whatever Mr Cummings is saying is in order to advance it.
I think the "We" might be a bit "Royal We".
"We " being Unelected Dom and a few of his Unelected cronies. Dom doesn't like democracy.
I think that it would be a rare Conservative MP who wanted to crawl into bed with this bunch.
The Boris toadies wouldn't want to upset Boris.
The Boris haters wouldn't trust Cummings not to rat them out.
There might be the odd Cabinet member being sounded out, but given Cummings' horrid, illegal and high handed record for dealing with Ministers staff I doubt that they would do anything but laugh in his face.

All a bit "Lying doth never prosper, what's the reason? For if it prosper, none dare call it lying", with apologies to John Harington, for me.
Cummings I suspect is a fan of Machiavelli and if memory serves you need a social contract between leader and people of a city state. In our system of government, its leader and party and I wonder if Boris should ponder the contract written by cummings for his 80 seat majority, all the focus now on telegraph and keeping his party happy may well backfire one day with the people. Plus, you do still need to carry a big stick on occasion and wielding it at friends is a dangerous game.

Cummings I suspect is a fan of Machiavelli and if memory serves you need a social contract between leader and people of a city state. In our system of government, its leader and party and I wonder if Boris should ponder the contract written by cummings for his 80 seat majority, all the focus now on telegraph and keeping his party happy may well backfire one day with the people. Plus, you do still need to carry a big stick on occasion and wielding it at friends is a dangerous game.

Machiavelli was more a writer on "virtu" (which did require the wisdom of the leader to lead and govern the subjects) rather than a contract

Social Contract was jean-Jacques Rousseau and his theories, which really became part of the classical liberal contractual citizen-state (I would suggest) relationship.

That'll be the BBC and Guardian who couldn't stand the man when he worked for BOJO but now think he's the Messiah because he's telling us what a poor PM BOJO is.
You don't have to like someone (and Kneusberg patently loathes Cummings) to report what they say.

Machiavelli was more a writer on "virtu" (which did require the wisdom of the leader to lead and govern the subjects) rather than a contract

Social Contract was jean-Jacques Rousseau and his theories, which really became part of the classical liberal contractual citizen-state (I would suggest) relationship.
No your right, I just forget he was the precursor to something later which became the social contract.. Its relation to the thread was simply the sense from listening to Cummings, that he's always advocating a relationship in the same sense, with the idea of a leader surrounded by his cognitive lieutenants(weirdos) sorting everything out and then the people, with parliament and the civil service tasked with doing as they're are told.

To be frank, I wouldn't be at all shocked if he ended up in the US. They're have Steve Bannon, but the republicans could do with somebody better able to take the ideas and coalesce them into a workable plan.