Will Dominic Cummings be needing a new job soon?

Should Dominic Cummings resign over this scandal and violation of blatant lockdown advice?

• Yes

Votes: 51 21.8%
  • No

Votes: 125 53.4%
  • Divided

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 50 21.4%

• Total voters
The case was brought under civil law. The contract was found to be illegal.
The Fraud Act is criminal law.
Two very different things.
Although Cummings and Gove appear to have grossly abused their position to award these contracts to mates of Dom, (abuse of position) at this point it seems only the mates of Dom benefitted from taxpayers money being shovelled to them.
Proving criminal intent would be a much bigger thing. One might expect this to be a resigning issue, but, well, Brexit excuses all sins.
Really, perhaps you could point out the bit in the Judgement stating that.

Another version might be £500k wasted in having to defend spurious case from actually biased lobbyist who pretends to be simply acting in the public interest but is in fact playing politics in lawfare.
Strangely enough, the judge didn't think that.
She didn't think the case was spurious.
That's why the Government lost £500k of you the taxpayers, money defending a case they didn't have a leg to stand on.

Really, perhaps you could point out the bit in the Judgement stating that.
My apologies. UNLAWFUL. Like illegal, but where you didn't actually have the right to do something, rather than doing something you shouldn't.
Like gifting big fat government contracts to the mates of the PMs pet weasel.

Strangely enough, the judge didn't think that.
She didn't think the case was spurious.
That's why the Government lost £500k of you the taxpayers, money defending a case they didn't have a leg to stand on.
In theoretical procurement terms in normal times, no they didn't.

In practical terms in the midst of a global pandemic with certain groups calling for perfection immediately, they had every reason to short-circuit the process. As the judge acknowledged by disallowing grounds 1 and 2.

The only successful ground was 3 - inability to prevent perception of apparent bias.

Which means - as we all know - that Fox-Basher Jolyon was mischief making for political purposes, rather than performing a public good.

In practical terms in the midst of a global pandemic with certain groups calling for perfection immediately, they had every reason to short-circuit the process. As the judge acknowledged by disallowing grounds 1 and 2.

The only successful ground was 3 - inability to prevent perception of apparent bias.

Which means - as we all know - that Kimono wearing (his wife's) Fox-Basher Jolyon was mischief making for political purposes, rather than performing a public good.
Fixed for accuracy.

Another version might be £500k wasted in having to defend spurious case from actually biased lobbyist who pretends to be simply acting in the public interest but is in fact playing politics in lawfare.

The verdict indicates that the public need and are fully entitled to know about where their tax is being spent and whether it is being done lawfully.

Which means - as we all know - that Fox-Basher Jolyon was mischief making for political purposes, rather than performing a public good.
The ENTIRELY SUCCESSFUL ground 3 WAS also entirely avoidable.
You don't quietly give public money to Dom's mates, you tender for work, and above all, you don't try to bury the case when you are clearly going to lose. It does look hooky, because, well, it looks really, really hooky.
Easy.

Let’s hope that this stops the government acting unlawfully in the future with tax payers money.

It’s funny how these contracts just randomly fell into certain people’s pockets in all that pandemic chaos.

Boris Grrrrrrrrrrr etc etc.

Happily - and to the abject fury or the Grrrrr brigade - the majority of the public seem not to give a flying f8ck what Kimono Jo - and by extension the Grrrrr brigade - think.

That probably smarts......

Boris Grrrrrrrrrrr etc etc.

Happily - and to the abject fury or the Grrrrr brigade - the majority of the public seem not to give a flying f8ck what Kimono Jo - and by extension the Grrrrr brigade - think.

That probably smarts......

Their wings have been clipped. Let’s hope they start behaving themselves.

Let’s hope that this stops the government acting unlawfully in the future with tax payers money.

It’s funny how these contracts just randomly fell into certain people’s pockets in all that pandemic chaos.

Yes, you’re absolutely right, and I look forward to witnessing the tender process Labour runs for its upcoming conference, which I don’t for one second think will take place in the new Unite the Union conference facility in Birmingham.

Yes, you’re absolutely right, and I look forward to witnessing the tender process Labour runs for its upcoming conference, which I don’t for one second think will take place in the new Unite the Union conference facility in Birmingham.
If you don't contribute to Labour party funding, why would you care?

Most arrsers get pretty indignant when they feel that taxpayer's money is being spent on something they don't agree with, but seem strangely relaxed about it when it's being dished out to Tory party chums on the nod.

Is that taxpayers money or Labour Party funds?

That would be like asking The WO and Sgt’s Mess to use a tendering process for The Summer Ball. No ******* business.

Most arrsers get pretty indignant when they feel that taxpayer's money is being spent on something they don't agree with, but seem strangely relaxed about it when it's being dished out to Tory party chums on the nod.

Whereas I suspect they don’t like taxpayer money being spent on either, but that their hatred of that is eclipsed by their hatred of the double standard the left applies.

Truxx

LE

What happens if those party chums are busting a gut to make and distribute a vaccin e?

What happens if those party chums are busting a gut to make and distribute a vaccin e?
They get an OBE.
If they actually produce one.
And audited to make sure they haven't been ripping the taxpayer off.

Last edited:
I’m amusing myself by reading some of the early posts in this thread. I wonder how many of those have changed their opinion now.

I rather looking forward to when this all blows over, DC is still in post & he serves that dish that is best served cold.....

if this is his enemies in the MSM/left/remainer attempt to oust him, it is weak & May well come back to bite them hard.....

I do hope so.
Turns out, he wasn’t that good at “serving the dish that is best served cold.”

This interview simply confirms in my mind that the U.K. press are just a massive bunch of cnuts. How many times can they ask the same question? Dominic on the other hand is coming across as reasoned and patient. I can see why he should stay.
Aged well?

Cummings GGgggrrrr!
Yep. Lot’s of this.

Dom makes all the right kind of people cry.
hmmm….

Funny how the people demonising him are the same goons that voted to remain and haven't shut it for the last 4 years of obfuscation, bile, anger and tears.
Their sleepless nights and anxiety attacks, give me wood.
Who’s demonising him now?
So let's get this straight:

IF Dom = Boris's advisor THEN Cummings = "Grr"
ELSE
IF Dom <> Boris's advisor THEN Cummings = "Grr"
END IF
Seems to be.

Latest Threads