Will Dominic Cummings be needing a new job soon?

Should Dominic Cummings resign over this scandal and violation of blatant lockdown advice?

• Yes

Votes: 41 20.3%
  • No

Votes: 117 57.9%
  • Divided

Votes: 8 4.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 36 17.8%

• Total voters
He's being whipped with a very slender twig by those that detest him.

If this is grounds for dismissal, then many politicians need to have a very hard look at themselves, their behaviour and the behaviour of their followers.

Let's not even mention the media who have proven themselves to be bottom feeding scum at best.

No particular love for the guy but this is pathetic.
Dominic Cummings' behaviour has been unconscionable and it looks like more 'evidence' is emerging of all sorts of trips around County Durham. I think the Press are right to pursue this rank hypocrisy and abuse of privilege. In each of our own lives we can cite examples where we would have dearly liked to travel for compelling personal reasons, but have adhered to the lockdown. As a SPAD he can be dismissed forthwith...and should be, as his continuance in Post further weakens Boris.

And the alleged hypocrisy of the paparazzi? That's not the story and they are not claiming to have done otherwise.

Last edited:
I would safely say, at least 90% if the population have broken the lockdown rules in some way, shape or form. Even if it is nipping out for something that isn’t essential.

This is about Brexit, and politics - nothing else, and our left wing media Tory bashing.

Oh, and @chuggafugga being a permasending bellend.
I thought the only rule of Lock Down was "Don't get caught, and if you do claim what ever you where doing for medical reasons".

Dominic Cummings' behaviour has been unconscionable and it looks like more 'evidence' is emerging of all sorts of trips around County Durham. I think the Press are right to pursue this rank hypocrisy and abuse of privilege. In each of our own lives we can cite examples where we would have dearly liked to travel for compelling personal reasons, but have adhered to the lockdown. As a SPAD he can be dismissed forthwith...and should be, and his continuance in Post further weakens Boris.

And the alleged hypocrisy of the paparazzi? That's not the story and they are not claiming to have done otherwise.
Utter nonsense. This is a political witch-hunt by aggrieved remainers - nothing more, nothing less.

Magic Grandpa could have walked naked through the streets of London, and it wouldn’t have caused as much left wing media frenzy as this non-story.

I see the press, that are hounding Cummins are keen on social distancing and keeping within the guidelines.

That's how they always work, the majority of them will be freelance working on spec, no photos or video footage they get paid nothing , don't submit enough work you'll stop getting prioritised for jobs

It's a feeding frenzy, guess they're more worried about getting food on the table than getting Covid-19

Utter nonsense. This is a political witch-hunt by aggrieved remainers, nothing more
If he turns out to have gone to Durham twice, would you at least agree that he is a hypocrite? Or are you happy that those who write the rules, shouldn't have to bother following them?

Should we ever bother investigating those in power, because "it's always a witch-hunt"?

If the press doesn't do it, who else will?

giatttt

Old-Salt
As various respected legal eagles have stated on social media over the weekend, the law allows for a "reasonable excuse" something that avoids being rigorously defined and thus offers a gravy train of legal arguments for our learned friends.

People may not like him or what he (and his wife) has done, but reasonable prospect of a conviction and good use of public funds in pursuing that conviction?

Dominic Cummings' behaviour has been unconscionable and it looks like more 'evidence' is emerging of all sorts of trips around County Durham. I think the Press are right to pursue this rank hypocrisy and abuse of privilege. In each of our own lives we can cite examples where we would have dearly liked to travel for compelling personal reasons, but have adhered to the lockdown. As a SPAD he can be dismissed forthwith...and should be, as his continuance in Post further weakens Boris.

Shush.

How many times do we need you to ask "How many threads do we need?" ;)

Remember, I'm in front of you in the promotion queue! :)
Due to the increasing media attention this has been attracting since yesterday a dedicated thread wasn't quite unjustified.

I predict this will be ongoing for a number of days and the implications of PM Boris' decision whether or not to sack Cunnings will have a large if not decisive influence in the next general election.

The fact is unlike this poll, those involved in Politics and their votes get a yes or no answer and that's it.

So it's in PM Boris interest to keep a majority satisfied but the fact is also Cunnings was a major driving force and with the nature of politics being a dirty game someone is going to have a knife in their back/up their arrse...

The question now is who is going to throw themselves under a bus, who is the sacrificial lamb?

Utter nonsense. This is a political witch-hunt by aggrieved remainers - nothing more, nothing less.

Magic Grandpa could have walked naked through the streets of London, and it wouldn’t have caused as much left wing media frenzy as this non-story.
If you were a reporter in the area and you heard the Prime Minister of the UK's Top Aide was breaking rule's he set you'd go running to catch the scoop so quickly wouldn't have time to grab your coat or prepare a packed lunch...

If he turns out to have gone to Durham twice, would you at least agree that he is a hypocrite? Or are you happy that those who write the rules, shouldn't have to bother following them?

Should we ever bother investigating those in power, because "it's always a witch-hunt"?

If the press doesn't do it, who else will?
What's the saying... twice lucky... three times a charm?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Due to the increasing media attention this has been attracting since yesterday a dedicated thread wasn't quite unjustified.

I predict this will be ongoing for a number of days and the implications of PM Boris' decision whether or not to sack Cunnings will have a large if not decisive influence in the next general election.

The fact is unlike this poll, those involved in Politics and their votes get a yes or no answer and that's it.

So it's in PM Boris interest to keep a majority satisfied but the fact is also Cunnings was a major driving force and with the nature of politics being a dirty game someone is going to have a knife in their back/up their arrse...

The question now is who is going to throw themselves under a bus, who is the sacrificial lamb?
Hey! I am on your side! I was responding to an RAF chappie who was weeping into his hankie! :)

I have just been informed that DC is holding a press interview this afternoon where he will make a statement then take questions from the media.

Should be fun. I wonder at what point DC informs the media if they continue calling him a liar he will take them to court! :)

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Hey! I am on your side! I was responding to an RAF chappie who was weeping into his hankie! :)

I have just been informed that DC is holding a press interview this afternoon where he will make a statement then take questions from the media.

Should be fun. I wonder at what point DC informs the media if they continue calling him a liar he will take them to court! :)
The least he could do is offer a press conferance and explain himself to mass media, supporters, opposition and Joe Public themselves,, not hide in a hole/behind the PM.

Boris is going to bite the bullet in the long run.

DAS

War Hero
Just a “Dumb” then @DAS , nothing at all to back up your mong button pushing?

Aggrieved remainer by any chance?
Don't live in the uk anymore. Don't give a feck. Your comment was just dumb, hence the dumb. Clear enough?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads