Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Dominic Cummings be needing a new job soon?

Should Dominic Cummings resign over this scandal and violation of blatant lockdown advice?

• Yes

Votes: 46 20.8%
  • No

Votes: 122 55.2%
  • Divided

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 45 20.4%

• Total voters

CC_TA

LE
Larry.jpg

Pages of it in today's Sunday Times (alleged Symonds, Stratton, Price cabal)

Hmm. if true, Id put them on warning for orders, just in case they think they can do it again. If true, you've just swapped one influencer for another. As for Cummings and sexism - sexism has no place anywhere. However, having seen how such allegations are used as part of the politics of the office, I'm am very wary of taking such as fact until proven - and internal disciplinary action should arise. Gross misconduct is of course another matter.

Hmm. if true, Id put them on warning for orders, just in case they think they can do it again. If true, you've just swapped one influencer for another. As for Cummings and sexism - sexism has no place anywhere. However, having seen how such allegations are used as part of the politics of the office, I'm am very wary of taking such as fact until proven - and internal disciplinary action should arise. Gross misconduct is of course another matter.
Look at the way they went after him for the London to Durham incident...

Despite MPs traveling to Scotland and Wales (was it?) under similar circumstances.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Apparently (according to the Daily T), BoJo hasn't entirely closed the door on a Cummings return to No. 10. He comes, across in the media at least, as an abrasive, egotistic so and so, but he does have a rare gift for political strategy.

If the Tories get a pasting in the Holyrood election and in local elections around the country, I could see Cummings being invited back by BoJo to stop the rot. Although he and Carrie Symonds would probably not be best left in the same room together...

Wordsmith

Apparently (according to the Daily T), BoJo hasn't entirely closed the door on a Cummings return to No. 10. He comes, across in the media at least, as an abrasive, egotistic so and so, but he does have a rare gift for political strategy.

If the Tories get a pasting in the Holyrood election and in local elections around the country, I could see Cummings being invited back by BoJo to stop the rot. Although he and Carrie Symonds would probably not be best left in the same room together...

Wordsmith
If the Tories get a pasting, BoJo might not be at no. 10 to invite Dom back. Just saying...

he does have a rare gift for political strategy.
Fvcking useless gift, in the absence of the social, leadership and inter-personal communication talents required to mobilise to the enactment of a coherent plan of action based on any given strategy, a sufficient body of other people with the skills, connections, influence and control of the resources necessary to move from theory into practical action and deliver results.

Take that gift and overlay it with the unerring ability to repeatedly pi$$ off key players in the game of 'getting things done', and you wind up with a bloke whose career in politics is (at best) gonna to have the flight profile of the booster rockets on a space shuttle.

The space shuttle Challenger, most likely. A metaphor that BoJo might want to have a little think about.​
IMHO, of course.​

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
Fvcking useless gift, in the absence of the social, leadership and inter-personal communication talents required to mobilise to the enactment of a coherent plan of action based on any given strategy, a sufficient body of other people with the skills, connections, influence and control of the resources necessary to move from theory into practical action and deliver results.

Take that gift and overlay it with the unerring ability to repeatedly pi$$ off key players in the game of 'getting things done', and you wind up with a bloke whose career in politics is (at best) gonna to have the flight profile of the booster rockets on a space shuttle.

The space shuttle Challenger, most likely. A metaphor that BoJo might want to have a little think about.​
IMHO, of course.​

Fair comment - and thinking about it, Cummings has been most successful in political campaigns, where there is a single objective - win - and it's done and dusted in a couple of months. No time for frustrations to build.

It looks like he was a less successful influencer over a longer time period.

Wordsmith

Cummings only out a couple of days and Frost made this announcement tonight... how much of our fish is he selling off?..

A lot has been made of Cummings leaving to allow the Brexit to be softened but I heard that's a load of cobblers.
If France doesn't want to pay for access they will have to do without it. Frost was firm and ready to walk away.

The only place that I know where sport can be played on tax payer monies time and early knock offs are allowed to go drinking in the mess or off home is the military.
That's called 'work life balance'. The occasional posting where you can work sensible hours to balance the others where you get flogged.

A lot has been made of Cummings leaving to allow the Brexit to be softened but I heard that's a load of cobblers.
If France doesn't want to pay for access they will have to do without it. Frost was firm and ready to walk away.
I'd like to agree, but I'm not sure.
My take, in mho, was that Cummings disagreed with a deal in the way that the single minded often do ie by ruffling feathers and sticking to his guns. Now, were I in no 10, I'd get a PA or the like to buffer him from the sensitive types. I want his brains not his social graces or rapport, - pay and get one to sweep up behind him and keep him caged and away from people.

Last edited:
I'd like to agree, but I'm not sure.
My take, in mho, was that Cummings disagreed with a deal in the way that the single minded often do ie by ruffling feathers and sticking to his guns. Now, were I in no 10, I'd get a PA or the like to buffer him from the sensitive types. I want his brains not his social graces or rapport, - pay and get one to sweep up behind him and keep him caged and away from people.
So your solution would be to tolerate a toxic working environment? And we wonder why most people hate their jobs.

So your solution would be to tolerate a toxic working environment? And we wonder why most people hate their jobs.

Get off .
Nobody hates working in no 10. They've all trod on toes to get there.