will DE take over all RE peacetime construction work?

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by Outstanding, Feb 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seems that this is happening /happened bit by bit
  2. If you speak to them you'd think they already had :roll:

The aspiration of DE is estate domination and they're trying to figure out the best way of doing things (obviously without contacting the people who've been doing it for years for their opinions first because of course DE know best 8O )

Lots of PFI/PPP (including RSME) are outside of DE's direct control, although they'll have an input.

The only sacred RE run facilities at the moment are the handfull of RAF Strike Comd sites still with DCREs, but this is only because they haven't figured out a way to integrate them into a prime contract yet (DCREs still deployable)

MACC tasks will stay with the corps as trg exercises, but I think in the wider picture we're well and truely fecked :cry:
  3. I know someone(a Clk of Wks) who is posted into Sutton Coldfield (DE offices) in the near future. He will be part of a four man team working in close co-ordination with DE. All to do with the Regional Prime Contracting I think.

His job spec isn't clear yet but I will be keeping in touch with him as it will be interesting to see how this turns out.
  4. The Sutton Coldfield jobs at DE HQ are predominantly on the overseas business unit so the jammy sod will get lots of short term visits overseas 8)

Clk Wks aren't currently involved on the RPCs, in order to make a complete cock-up of it all DE have restricted the RE membership to offrs only :?

When, oh when will they learn?? :roll:
  5. Ouch that hurts I work on RPC as a civvie. When I was in the Corps I wasn't an officer, I worked for a living
  6. And now??? :lol: :wink:
  7. I beg to differ my friend, in the near future there will be a small team of 4 Clerk of Works let loose within DE. May be they could bring the whole lot down from the inside!!
  8. Long hours, no NAAFI break, 30 min lunch, office politics, no recky afternoon on Wednesdays, regular weekend and evening work when I should be enjoying a cold one and sh!t money. :?
  9. You get a LUNCH break 8O ...... soon stop that one..................................... :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. I f i was you i'd sign off or PVR :roll: :D
  11. That's what I meant in the top bit :wink:

Got my balaclava, shovel RE, some black tape and a packet of Army batteries............right.............where's that posting preference :twisted:
  12. Ahhh that sounds like the cry of an FM :D