Will Cameron Stand Down at the Next Election

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Whet, May 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since his claims on his 'secondary' house have now been shown to be money grabbing - will and should Cameron stand down like his underlings have had to.

Link

2. Oh, farouhk..... our new Dear Leader in waiting has been found out.......

3. You wish :D Presumably as he feels confident that he can call for the Old Bill to investigate the crooks he is confident enough to feel that he hasn't broken any laws! Not sure what you are alleging though - perhaps you could explain what you think the problem is?

4. I can't see that he has done anything wrong there.

5. It doesn't sound like anything criminal, TBH - just bloody sharp practice. If he could afford to pay that amount back so quickly, why did he need our money in the first place? Still, if it puts his gas at low peep and stops him trying to take party political advantage it might be a good thing.

6. Cameron is on the BBC at 1200, god the Politics show is now must see TV, or am I getting sad

7. There is a world of difference between a snout in the trough, if that's what it is, and fingers in the till.

8. I can't see anything wrong here.

He took out a £350,000 interest free LOAN. When he was elected to be MP, this money seems to have been spent (largely) on a house in Witney...

However, he also seems to have paid off a Mortage on his second home in London.

What he probably did was "consolidated" his outgoings in to the more economical loan (ie the interest free one).

Sorry, but this looks like mud slinging from those who are on side with MPs whose "sloppy accounting" has seen them claim thousands on NON-EXISTANT mortgages.

I find the defendant NOT GUILTY.

Now, about this £900 laptop bought just before christmas....

9. Legally there is, morally there isn't.
    He's just the same as the rest, a bottom feeding thief.
    I trust he will answer by telling us it was within the rules.....