Will Britain miss the war?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jan 16, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/2660507.stm

2. Probably.  Well turn up late and the politicians will complain that the Yanks aren't  being fair by not letting us play with all their toys...... :mad:

either that or we'll be late due to the amount of time wasted in health ans safety briefings...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  3. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

It'll partly make up for the last couple of times the Septics were late - 1917 and very late in 1942 spring to mind :)
  4. Just been reliably informed that Saddam has conscripted all (70,000 +)students, and is proceeding with light weapons issue....
    Above subject to confirmation

Looks like they think it's coming for definite..... :-/
  5. Oh well, there might ba role for the TA inf after all......... :-[
  6. Perhaps it will suit the Americans if we "miss the war"- do they actually want us on the ground getting in their way?
  7. Old Snowy, I am sure that the "Day of Infamy" was 7 December 1941?  :eek:
  8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

7/12/41 or 12/7/41 depending on your opinion.  Germany declares war on the US two dazs later if I recall.  

All engineered by Roosevelt - excellent man.  Banning oil to Japan forcing them to attack US or run out of oil in a few years thus bringing America into the war.  Marvellous.  Sorry to the crew of USS Arizona but otherwise the whole of Europe would be speaking Russian now...
  9. Mr Happy - have you forgotten about Yalta?  :eek:
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

S_S, please remind me about Yalta?  

Is that when Roosevelt/Churchill gave most of Europe to Russia?  Agreed not exactly our finest hour but possesion is 9/10th's....  Difficult to say "you've liberated too much, slow down and let us have some"  The Russians had had further to go to get to Berlin or wherever they were in that stage of 1945.
  11. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

Hosing them down with soap and water should be enough to ensure unconditional surrender.

Given the current "Human Rights" atmosphere we must expect to be accused of crimes against humanity for taking them all off to the barbers and giving them a short back and sides. This should be enough to get the buggers talking during interrogation.
  12. Don't laugh-the yanks have refused to sign up tot he International Criminal Court, thus protecting their soldiers from trial as war criminals.  Our caring Government has signed up and  we could all be in the dock from the moment the first bomb lands on a hospital (about d+15 minutes given the American track record).

But don't worry, I'm sure our beloved PM and the twossers in the war cabinet will not let their soldiers take the rap on theri behalf!!!!!