Will asthma make it a no?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by fltpilot, Feb 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Friends daughter is army mad & with her local ACF unit.
    On course to get straight A's in her A levels in all subjects and was looking at RAMC Nursing Officer.
    But she has mild asthma, mostly bought on my colds & flu, would this bar her from getting in?
    I'm sure this has been posted before, but thanks anyway.
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Fairly sure that she has to be free of all symptoms and inhaler use for four years (may have changed). If she's clear of that she's still likely to have to go through spirometry tests anyway but should be able to crack on if her lung function is ok.
  3. Thanks for that, will pass the info on.
  4. Probably why she posted here given 900 is a lot of stuff to go through that may be out of date or not current. Plus this is the info forum not the NAAFI etc so why on earth can she not ask a decent question of decent folk for someone to take an inane dig as they are in a mood. Just saying.
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Just so she's clear, there is no RAMC Nursing Officer. All nurseys join the QARANC.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The search function is there for a reason.

If I was in a mood, people would know about it.
  7. Yep, 4 years, no ifs, no buts.

Mate of mine is RE and he said he done something like going on an exercise bike until he was blowing out his hoop and doing peak flow tests before, during and after type thing.
  8. Just go to the NAAFI bar and stop loitering in places above your station.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. "My search function appears to be working"
    As does mine madame snail.
    But i did wonder if if it stricter for officers or less so for qualified medical staff?

Thanks for everyones input.
    Info passed on, thread now redundant.
    Could a Mod lock it?
  10. I'm a civvy now. I have no station.

You just stick to giving your good advice out all over the site. It's really useful.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

With pleasure.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.