Will Asda and The Metro Hotel accept these?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by vvaannmmaann, Sep 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Didn't the Metro accept his MoD 90 as ID, then said "do one" cos you're a squaddie??

And yes....they probably will :)
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Aah, happy days.

When questioned as to why the I.D. card does not show the name of our country, or our flag, Smith the Euro-traitor confirmed her position on the matter by saying 'Well, none of the other EU states have them!'.

WTF has that got to do with this country love? mmm? Just because you hate this country does not mean you can deny it exists on an I.D. card that is supposed to I.D. its citizens and visitors.
  3. What is that under the word 'Place'? Not to mention the Coat of arms...

Perhaps on the back.. place of birth? nationality? :roll:
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Oh, yeah, of course. I can see it now "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland". The picture of a Daffodil, Rose, Thistle and the like on the BACK of the card is very representative of this union, innit?

Let's look at another example, and you'll note that 'European Union' is at the top of the face, almost to suggest primacy of place.

I much prefer the bit on the left.

The point is, it's just another faceless bureaucrat's card, another dumbing down of our national identity and pride. It deliberately plays down the nation state, and gives almost equal stature to the EU, as do the front of our passports.
  5. msr

msr LE

Even though it it is utterly meaningless?
  6. Yes :twisted:

However I am finding hard to get more than mild 2 on the Outrageometer because the Royal Cipher is in the thing.

I can get an 8 on the Meter when it comes to the need for them in the first place.
  7. I don't know about you, but I don't need a card with a flag on to prove how much pride I have in my country...

Although if they can make it play Rule Britannia when it is shown, that would be just fabulous
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

How so? The protection offered to its holder under international law and the efforts of our own government officials . . . . . .

or . . . . . .

the fact that our own gobment allows its citizens to be forcibly carted off from their homeland to other countries without sufficient evidence to face foreign courts?
  9. WTF has it got a picture of a bull on it? Is it related to the fact that this is unwanted bullsh1t? and who the fecketty is Susan Sample? She is a bit old to be a student .....get a job you sponging cnut?
  10. Despite this being the NAAFI I fo have a serious question.

Because I do not want to buy a new gestapo card from the cnuts in government I will not bother to renew my UK passport. I am lucky in that I have a second passport to use as a travel document. So picture this:

I travel into the UK on second passport. Get a 3 month visitors stamp.

I stay as long as I like as I need no one's permission to be in UK.

Later I want to go on a trip so I use 2nd passport.

As leaving UK I am stopped by a bod from some agency that is linked to the government accuses me of being an overstayer.

What happens the? I cannot be an overstayer as I am entitled to be in UK.
  11. I know the bird on that example is a bit rough, but for them to say it has a picture of a bull is a tad hard on her isnt it?

yes i know the bull is above her but it made me laugh, sad as it is
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Oh the irony. The image that represents the EU is bull. Where's the big pile of steaming turds that goes with it?
  13. She normally dangles underneath the bull, doesn't she?