Will ArmyNet become a mini ARRSE? Anonymous posting coming!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by walk-on-the-wild-side, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Shove it up yer arse.....ARRSE is the place for me!

2. ArmyNet forums here I come, anything to get away from the WALTS!

3. I'll have a look and I might even pop my Armynet Forum cherry.

4. I'm a civvy through and through, so I'm fcuked

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From 30th October ArmyNet will have a new forum including anonymous posting, buddy lists, mod rating, etc, etc.

If you are going to have the option to be anonymous, will this make the ArmyNet forums a more interesting place to visit and post? (After ARRSE of course!)

Over to you.
  2. I think the biggest difference will be that we are getting the experts to take ownership of their areas; answers from the horse's mouth so to speak.

3. 'Anonymous' my ARRSE! Well, at least it'll keep the civie walt scum off their forums.
  4. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

On the face of it it will be anonymous, but they can track all users if they want to, and probably will, so beware.
  5. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Anonymous. There you have it. If someone wants the answer to a question now when they can see your username you very rarely get a worth while response, thats if your lucky enough to get a responce. If you have a legitimate problem why should you feel that it has to be dealt with anonymously?
  6. Civy scum? What was you before you became a serviceman and what will you be when you leave, a frog?
  7. :wink:

Are we ever going to be able to use our ArmyNet email addresses through Outlook?

8. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

I presume you require me to close my account being civie scum now.
  9. Before: Serviceman in waiting
    After: Ex-Serviceman

Once you've been in you're never a civvie :wink:
  10. LOL Touche. TBH, I consider myself as an ex-service civilian.
  11. Good answer that man*

*or woman or transgender thingy
  12. Quite apart from the whole anonymity thing, the input from certain non-service types who are experts in their areas is one of the better things about ARRSE.

And, frankly, I wouldn't trust anything originating in MB to be anything other than control-freakery and wibble.
  13. We are looking into it and we are inprinciple for providing such funtionality. We need to do some work to get whatever service we use (imap, imap-s, pop etc etc) to be accepted by the IGS (currently blocks ports used by these services)

14. The internet is no longer anonymous, intranets have never been anonymous.

Just be sensible.

15. Exactly

The annon posting is supported at the highest level, any one posting annon will have their details protected unless they break the code of conduct or for that matter any laws.