• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Will ArmyNet become a mini ARRSE? Anonymous posting coming!

With anonymous forums, will you use ArmyNet in the same way as ARRSE?

• Shove it up yer arse.....ARRSE is the place for me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ArmyNet forums here I come, anything to get away from the WALTS!

• I'll have a look and I might even pop my Armynet Forum cherry.

• I'm a civvy through and through, so I'm fcuked

• Total voters
From 30th October ArmyNet will have a new forum including anonymous posting, buddy lists, mod rating, etc, etc.

If you are going to have the option to be anonymous, will this make the ArmyNet forums a more interesting place to visit and post? (After ARRSE of course!)

Over to you.

I think the biggest difference will be that we are getting the experts to take ownership of their areas; answers from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Regards

walk-on-the-wild-side said:
From 30th October ArmyNet will have a new forum including anonymous posting, buddy lists, mod rating, etc, etc.

If you are going to have the option to be anonymous, will this make the ArmyNet forums a more interesting place to visit and post? (After ARRSE of course!)

Over to you.
'Anonymous' my ARRSE! Well, at least it'll keep the civie walt scum off their forums.

Over to you.
On the face of it it will be anonymous, but they can track all users if they want to, and probably will, so beware.

elovabloke

ADC
Anonymous. There you have it. If someone wants the answer to a question now when they can see your username you very rarely get a worth while response, thats if your lucky enough to get a responce. If you have a legitimate problem why should you feel that it has to be dealt with anonymously?

FaceLikeAPingPongBall said:

Over to you.
'Anonymous' my ARRSE! Well, at least it'll keep the civie walt scum off their forums.
Civy scum? What was you before you became a serviceman and what will you be when you leave, a frog?

:wink:
andypaddock said:
I think the biggest difference will be that we are getting the experts to take ownership of their areas; answers from the horse's mouth so to speak.

Regards
Andy,

Are we ever going to be able to use our ArmyNet email addresses through Outlook?

Cheers

Perturbed said:

Over to you.
Civy scum? What was you before you became a serviceman and what will you be when you leave, a frog?
Before: Serviceman in waiting
After: Ex-Serviceman

Once you've been in you're never a civvie :wink:

REgards said:
Perturbed said:

Over to you.
Before: Serviceman in waiting
After: Ex-Serviceman

Once you've been in you're never a civvie :wink:
LOL Touche. TBH, I consider myself as an ex-service civilian.

Quite apart from the whole anonymity thing, the input from certain non-service types who are experts in their areas is one of the better things about ARRSE.

And, frankly, I wouldn't trust anything originating in MB to be anything other than control-freakery and wibble.

Andy,

Are we ever going to be able to use our ArmyNet email addresses through Outlook?

Cheers
We are looking into it and we are inprinciple for providing such funtionality. We need to do some work to get whatever service we use (imap, imap-s, pop etc etc) to be accepted by the IGS (currently blocks ports used by these services)

Regards

eveyoz said:
The internet is no longer anonymous, intranets have never been anonymous.

Just be sensible.

:)
Exactly

The annon posting is supported at the highest level, any one posting annon will have their details protected unless they break the code of conduct or for that matter any laws.

Regards

andypaddock said:
eveyoz said:
The internet is no longer anonymous, intranets have never been anonymous.

Just be sensible.

:)
Exactly

The annon posting is supported at the highest level, any one posting annon will have their details protected unless they break the code of conduct or for that matter any laws.
Regards
.......and therein lies the dilemma. Breaking civilian law is one thing, breaking that imposed by military regulations, but which is not proscribed elsewhere, is quite another.

Why does every one have to think the worst.

I have personally dealt with complaints from individuals asking to remove people’s permissions from ArmyNET because they haven’t liked what they said on the forums. Our response as always is to read the posts in question and then act according to the post content and if it contravenes the code of conduct then i have dealt with the poster.

If you attack someone personally then you will be dealt with, if you raise an issue that you feel needs addressing but don't feel able to reveal your identity then your identity will be protected.

This policy has the highest backing possible (and I don't mean my mum)

Regards

Latest Threads