Wilkinson Retires from Test rugby

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by in_the_cheapseats, Dec 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

2. Shame to see another true Rugby great hang up their international boots. It would of been good to see some sort of testimonial to honour his service for England in the same way Shane Williams recieved at Millenium Stadium but not sure that would of been JW's style as he is a notoriously humble bloke.

He has been a fantastic player to watch over the years and has been the ultimate professional throughout. With any luck he has inspired a generation of British boys to approach sport with the same attitude.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Agree with Honky Tonk Donk, a great player and from a Newcastle Falcons fan, Thank you for your time at Kingston Park.

4. It's about time someone put the for-once-uninjured one-trick-pony out to pasture.

Que the Guru griping.........

• Like Like x 2
  5. My wife was seven months pregnant when we won RWC 2003. Our son was kicking so hard we thought he would appear there and then on that November morning...

As it happened, he "gained his first cap" the following January, in the same hospital that I believe Jonny Wilkinson was born in - Frimley Park, Surrey.

The doctor in charge of the delivery, a fanatical Welsh fan, took a clean, two handed "catch" of our son, and said, knowing our love of the game "Oh great, another bl**dy boy to play for you English!"

Our son's name? Jonny of course!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Just imagine his points haul if he hadn't lost all that time to injury. Hell of a player, hell of a man.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Nasty man, Jonny is a national treasure.

8. What a legend. Hope he takes up drink and tooting charlie off whores thighs in his retirement. He deserves it, the sober ****.

9. Imagine just how pissed off Scottish, Welsh and Irish fans would have been, now that is the really sad part. A real loss to the game, unless.........England Manager????

• Like Like x 1
  10. You classless ****.

Johnny has been a magnificent servant to English Rugby. I don't think many will ever forget the drop goal in 2003.

As stated, like Shane Williams, both have been great players for their nations.

Oh, and what the **** is a "Que"?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Is that you Toby?

• Like Like x 1
  12. There'll be Floods of tears before bedtime.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mate, you are too easy.

14. Yeah, right.

How about crayoning elsewhere ?

• Like Like x 1
  15. How about you suck my sweaty balls. It's not my fault that you can't help yourself.