Wilinson Sword no longer make swords.... what next?

After 200 years of manufacturing swords of the finest quality, Wilkinson Sword made the difficult decision to close the sword-making division in September 2005.
So where are we supposed to get official swords from now?

Rincewind

Gilette?

Rover?

Why E-Bay of course!

Or you could go on the rob in the royal armouries?

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The sub contractor that did the work for Wilkinson’s is carrying out maintenance in the interim.

Has this is a large contract it will have to go to open contract, the best placed firm is German, but I suspect that they will go to India.

There should be no changes in practice.

The sub contractor for Wilkinson Sword is only doing refurbishment - i think, not manufacturing, unless Sussex Swords is anyway related??

The German may be the best then again he may not. It's all to do with price.

Percy_Pigeon

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Threads said:
The sub contractor for Wilkinson Sword is only doing refurbishment - i think, not manufacturing, unless Sussex Swords is anyway related??

The German may be the best then again he may not. It's all to do with price.
My apologies I have edited my post to add maintenance. I have checked and there is sufficient in the loan pool to cover requirements for some time.

wasnt it wilkinson sword who bought the Maidstone after its use as a rest home for unemployed paddy nail bombers during our early excursions to the emerald shitehouse? maybe they just ran out of ship!!