Wiley X or ESS Advancer

I was going to get some Wiley X SG-1's for work but chatting to a chap in the Irish Guards last night and he reckoned the ESS Advancer were better.
Anyone have any experience of both these goggles?

Well really you should be raising a grievance with your work then; PPE has to be fit for purpose, but if that's not an option then I'm reliably informed that ESS do very good goggles; a mate bought some Turbofan ones whilst in the States as his cheap old ones kept fogging up and was very impressed with them. Not too cheap in this country though.

I had SG-1 on H10, rate them highly. I have no experience of others other than the issue ones, which are ok but fall to bits too easily. SG-1s are effectively goggles rather than sunnies and let very little dust in. THey are way better than the issue goggs too.

Search over....I am now the owner of a set of ESS.
Still a case of who you know! Now all I need is a lesson in changing the lenses!

Bravo_Zulu said:
Well really you should be raising a grievance with your work then; PPE has to be fit for purpose, but if that's not an option then I'm reliably informed that ESS do very good goggles; a mate bought some Turbofan ones whilst in the States as his cheap old ones kept fogging up and was very impressed with them. Not too cheap in this country though.
I got some Turbofans from the states. Absolutly brills. After 18 months use the motor got loud.
ESS in the UK replace them for free. Brilliant service.
I saved £70 by buying direct from over there.

At the risk of sounding like a spoilsport, you are aware that wearing non-issue PPE will invalidate all of your insurance and compo claims should you be injured whilst on operations?

Bubbles, since JD generally talks about Aldershot pubs, i suspect his weight/belly may already invalidate him from getting out the door

(JD - apologies if you aren't a pie eater)

if you want really gucci, but don't want them fogging up may i present (fanfare and ta-das)

Mesh Safety goggles

as used to protect chain saw peeps, should work for bar room saw dust :eye:

I've used both sg1's and ess the sg1 look the nuts but steam up as soon as you stop the ess i found better and swopped the over for photos

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vaughany Weapons, Equipment & Rations 1
the_matelot Classified Ads 1
Civvy_Shot Weapons, Equipment & Rations 3