Wildcat weapon systems

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Standby_for_Targets!, May 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a query and I know its a few years away yet but does anyone have any clues as to what weapon system is destined to be strapped on the Wildcat? Are we continuing with GPMG ARD and M3M? I have heard a rumour and just to clarify, it was a rumour that Miniguns (Dillon Aero's) where being looked at. Is this more wishful thinking or is there weight to the rumour?

2. I wonder if the cabin floor is going to have the chutes for the two 20mm cannon, as originally fitted for the Lynx, and, according to various news reports, is still on the cards as a weapon-fit?

I'm sure there'll be lots of options for Wildcat. Whether or not you'll see them fitted is another matter. From what I can recall, the Dillon fit was a bit of a squeeze in the 7, so may not work out in the 'new' airframe.

3. I was told about the 20mm Cannons when I was down at MW by some of the ATIL blokes, they were trying to secure the training package for wildcat at the time, don't know who won it. By all accounts a rocket system has already been designed to sit along side the cannons, Army have been hummin and harrin about wether to go for it, surprise surprise.

4. The expression "Fitted for, but not with" will be familiar?

5. 7.62mm and .50 CSW only for Army and a full suite of weapons for the SCMR version.....

6. Why does that not surprise me, should have known not to ask such ridiculous questions.

7. But wait to see what SDR kicks up and throws out :wink:

8. Here's hoping the sky Blue love machine benefits from it, but then again many people think we've had more than our fair share of the cake in recent years.

9. So what do you know Flash?.............Tell me PPPPlleeeeaaaaasssseeee :excited:

10. Mmmmmmmm nice .....not :oops:

Attached Files:

11. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

What a minging looking box of bolts.

It looks like a Morris Ital with wanky bits welded on.

12. It does look like its had a mid-air with a Merlin and has been painted by a 5 year old with a box of airfix paints and a potato.

As was once famously said 'if it looks right, it'll fly right'..............

We're fucked.

13. Your bum looks big in that or are you smuggling teachests?

Designed using a set of log tables and a straight edge rather than computers and a wind tunnel??

14. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

15. Just fit it with an external loud speaker system and let the pilot bore the enemy to death talking about himself :wink: