Wild weather warning..

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Forces_Sweetheart, Aug 20, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Time to batten down the hatches....

20 August 2004: Met Office forecasters have issued early warnings of severe weather for the UK through the next few days as an active depression tracks in from the Atlantic through Sunday and Monday.
    Following the events of recent days, this active weather system will bring strong winds for some areas and sweep a band of heavy rain across the country, with very heavy showers then developing.

40mm of rain are expected for many parts, with locally 70mm in the heavy showers leading to localised flooding.

Winds will also be strong in places with gusts of 50mph likely across Southwest England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Mighty Doh Nut's trousers.

Expect extreme levels of useless hot air around Warminster, Wilton and Upavon.

The risk of disruption for various parts of the country is assessed as:

NORTHERN SCOTLAND
    20%

EASTERN SCOTLAND
    30%

SOUTH WEST SCOTLAND
    40%

NORTHERN IRELAND
    50%

NORTH WEST ENGLAND
    40%

NORTH EAST ENGLAND
    30%

THE MIDLANDS
    30%

WALES
    50%

SOUTH WEST ENGLAND
    50%

CENTRAL SOUTHERN ENGLAND
    30%

SOUTH EAST ENGLAND
    20%

EAST ANGLIA and LINCOLNSHIRE
    20%

For further information please contact the Met Office Press Office on 01392 886655

2. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

So what's wrong with rain? We need it to make the beer.

3. But it would be nice to have a summer in which beer could be could consumed in beer gardens!

4. X-Inf

I did not realise that there were limitations on how and when and where beer can be drunk (although I concede in the Dock is not the best place).

5. Granted beer is suited for consumption in many different locations but it is particularly suited for sunny days in the fresh air.

6. X-Inf

Maybe the post should have been entitled 'Mild' Weather Forecast

But I am a lager lout myself.

7. Aren't we all rays of sunshine..... think about me this weekend stuck in a CP playing with a PRC320 with 2 fcuk off great Antenna outside trying to find the nearest storm

8. X-Inf

Don't worry - the storm is out looking for you already. Br scared, be very scared!

9. But will it be the first time you will have been blown away by a big girl called Danielle?

(Oh golly... did I say that out loud?)

10. X-Inf

11. It will be the first time I have been blown away by a bird in a long time....... At least I will know her name this time though :oops: :oops: :oops: