Wild Geese to be remade by Guy Ritche

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by armchair_jihad, Mar 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad idea.
  2. On the bright side, at least it won't now have Madonna in the Richard Burton role.
  3. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Ohh, GUY Ritchie... I got mixed with that other Ritchie fella, Shane.. :roll:
  4. Not convinced it will be better than the original.
    Wild Geese was a movie of its time and I'm not sure it will suit being modernised.
  5. If he tries to make it Snatch in DPM, then sh1t, but if he gets some decent military technical advisors in and insists that the actors spend some time with real squaddies to make sure they get it right it could be quite good...bet it ends up with an 'america fcuk yeah' character though...
  6. Wasn't Madge, him et al protected by ex Them? I think he will know where to look for some technical advice. Failing that I'm sure he could get plenty from this site!

Loud mouthed Yank? Or maybe he could draft Brad Pitt again for a slightly more mentalist figure.

As for the film itself I reckon it would be good, if people get off the slate Guy Ritchie bandwagon and accept that he can make a cracking film that would help.
  7. He will make an arse of it. All the blokes will be GEEZERS and probably american.
    It wont be an african country in case it upsets someone.
    Think how the italian job was remade and hashed up.
    Not looking fwd to this one.

Who should play the Sgt Major?
  8. I reckon Pete Postlethwaite could do a mean retired Sgt Major.
  9. There should be very very strict rules.

No Septics.
    Only people who can shape a beret.
    They find someone equally nails to play RSM Sandy Young
    They find someone equally cheesy to play Lt Sean Finn

On the whole its probably not a good idea and could spoil one of the best films ever.

Off to watch it now, mumbling 'Lt Finn...... that was ludicrous, you are jumping from aeroplane, not a whore house window'
  10. Remakes of classic films never seem to cut it. I can't think of any that get near it. Even the latest Tom & Jerry cartoons are not a patch on the originals.
  11. Well at least there wont be a shortage of gayers to play the medic
  12. I Say NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x
  13. Who's going to play the kid running across the playing fields shouting 'Papa'? Nearly shed a tear at how touching that was!
  14. Dale Winton could be the medic :)