Wild claim: One in five Scots has blood tie to ancient Iraq

Nobody say anything! Thread locked, etc

Another story below from today's Scotsman.

ISTR that there is a theory that Croats and other assorted South Slavs also came 'originally' from the Middle East (well, we all came from Africa to start with, didnt we?): might explain that wild-eyed look some of us have in common with your average ethnic cleanser. :wink:

The bit about some of our ancestors arriving from England is more worrying, though. :lol:

Sat 15 Jan 2005

One in five Scots has blood tie to ancient Iraq

SHARON WARD

ABOUT 20 per cent of all Scots have Iraqi blood, according to a new book and television series examining the pre-history of what is now Scotland.

The remaining four in five Scots are descended from bands of hunter-gatherers who came from England and northern Europe after the Ice Age - dispelling the myth of the Scots as a mongrel race made up of Romans, Angles, Vikings, Normans and other arrivals.

These revelations come from a documentary series Before Scotland: The Story of Scotland Before History, to be screened later this year on STV and Grampian....
tough on those of us who dont get STV or Grampian!

Abu Ben Blair? 8O

FMOBB , the spin machine has excelled itself. I take it the grockle Campbell is back then?

PartTimePongo said:
Abu Ben Blair? 8O

FMOBB , the spin machine has excelled itself. I take it the grockle Campbell is back then?
LOLOLOL PTP.

Maybe time for him to go back, then, now so much progress has been made.

Campbell too!!!!!!

Not me though, I could be one of the Norse ones. You can pay my passage back to Norway if you like.

Actually I read somewhere that the DNA of our longer-resident people, well you know what I mean, was pretty much the same up and down the coasts of our Sceptred Isle, which makes some racial fantasies look pretty stupid.

Not me though, I could be one of the Norse ones. You can pay my passage back to Norway if you like.
Boat leaves today at 3 from newcastle, cost you about £100. Ill put some beer on ice.

SKJOLD said:
Boat leaves today at 3 from newcastle, cost you about £100. Ill put some beer on ice.
LOL Skjold!!! Thanks!! But will our 2 cans of beer cost another £100?

"well, we all came from Africa to start with, didnt we? "

Gents the rest of might well have done but I didn't, no FCUKing way.
john
I have never owned a slave and could'nt give a sh1t if any of my ancestors did.
And I am 100% certain that none of my ancestors sold fellow tribal members into slavery.
Glad that rants over as the board was looking quite ta day.

Latest Threads