Wild Boar in S/SW England?...Sorry for the typo..

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Onen-Hag-Oll, Jan 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know of there where abouts in these counties? They are becoming more common, and are GOOD sport.

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Plenty were released around dartmoor by the hippie scum!

3. 'Plenty were released around dartmoor by the hippie scum!' - I thought that was the triffids, anyway, who is Wils Boar and why would you want to shoot him?

4. my mates misses took some cracking photos of boar about a month ago at The Speach House in The Forrest of Dean go to WWW.GraceWillmot@flicker as i dont seem to be able to load them from Facebook

Attached Files:

5. Fecking thousands of in the Forest of Dean, I believe they are having a cull?

6. There are loads around the Tenterden area of kent. There are woods around Hamstreet where it is advisable not to take small dogs as the Boar can be quite nasty

7. Yeah, posted this before, but the buggers keep coming back onto the 18th hole

Attached Files:

8. Yeah, posted this before, but the buggers keep coming back onto the 18th hole

Attached Files:

9. I believe that they are now in Forest of Dean (although hard to distinguish from the locals), Kent/Sussex as far west as Ashdown Forest, New Forest, Dartmoor and Devon.

10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Don't cull them just set a few of these "fluffy" doggies loose. Its about time they were reintroduced.

[​IMG]

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

No its not.

UK does not have sufficient space for them not to cause problems = wolf cull = lots of upset hippies and greenies.

12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Yes it is.

UK does not have sufficient space for them not to cause problems = cull lots of upset hippies and greenies = room for wolves

see its a bit like Ohms law mate you just move stuff around till you get the right answer.

13. Re-introduce wolves and have a cull of hippies and greenies.
    Everybody is happy :)

14. The UK could possibly support a small number of wolves, I am still on the fence reference big cats though.