Wild Boar In Germany

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Oct 15, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    I have had a request to find out if a visitor to Deutschland can go pig hunting on private ground. Any ideas?
    The punter would be visiting his brother living out east whose neighbour has a feck off big christmas tree farm. He used to have locals doing it but they kept nicking the trees. I have told him about EFP and warned him that the jagdschein may be needed. Admittedly the locals probably ignored the laws, nicking trees hardly marks them down as law abiding!
  2. Ugly, although I cannot be sure I believe that the Jadgschein in one form or another is mandatory. Alsacien may know more, failing that I could make some enquiries on Monday to get more info.
  3. You defintely need a current Jagdschein and the permission of both the landowner and probably the local Jagermeister. There are fairly tight controls over weapon type calibre and type of round as well as proof of ability/experience. Finally and not unaturally they are keen to control both the elevation angle of the intended shot and the left and right of arc.

    If your friend ahs the right contacts it can all be achieved fairly painlessly - without them you have no chance!
  4. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    So how are guests accomodated, no estate rifle or similar rule?
  5. You can get (or could in 2007) a short term Jagdschien (Tages-Jadgschien)that required the owner of the hunting rights to sign up to which would allow a visitor from outside of Germany hunt. It was valid for up to 14 days (might have been 7) and would cost approx 50 euro. A friend of mine used to bring guests over and sorted out for them. UK FAC and Passport are required. Guest needs to understand min caliber for boar and maybe easier to borrow a rifle locally.

    Cannot remember all the blx they went through but it was not that painful.
  6. You can get a temporary jagdschein as already stated although I think I was €64 last time I went a couple of years ago. This was sorted out by my host after I sent him copies of FAC and BASC membership as insurance is mandatory. Used a loaned rifle and shot on both a private shoot and have done a few Forestry commission (or German equivalent) which will set you back about €140 if memory serves me correct.

    You can PM me for more details if required as will be speaking to my friend soon as I'll be heading there in December for a shoot if all goes to plan.
  7. sirbhp

    sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

    So there we were in Soltau sitting around the fire when Beeb comes off stag and it's Butlins turn to go on.
    " I don't fancy this " said Butlins.. whys that? we arsked .
    There bloody great grunters out there an I heard they are dangerous at night .
    So Beeb says , don't be stupid , if a grunter comes near you just point yer smudger at it ...
    But I aint got no rounds

    Beeb : yeah but the grunter don't know that does he?

    Oh yer says Butlins traveling about 6 paces before it sinks in .

    I know, I was that Zulu. circa 1972
  8. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Mick thanks, the lad in question is meeting his brother tomorrow so they will discuss this, I'll text him your response. Down to the host it seems!
  9. Absolutely no problem getting a tages jagschein, any local forst amt will supply info about which jagd pachter has shoots available,accomodation is usually in the shoot price
  10. I have just spoken to my local authority, the Tagesjagdschein is valid for 14 days and costs € 27.50, although other Authorities may charge more. Exactly who deals with such matters varies accross the country, it may be the Ordnungsamt or the Untere Jagdbehörde. Ideally the would be hunter should get his host to get things going. By German standards it is a straightforward matter.
  11. Drilligaf may be able to advise if its still necessary but I also needed to supply a couple of passport photos one of which is put into yer booklet.
  12. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Cheers lads, all of this is getting copied straight to text for the bloke. A top geezer by the way! Which of course are all of you!
  13. jim24

    jim24 Book Reviewer

    And remember nothing tates better than roast wild boar,
  14. ugly

    ugly LE Moderator

    Sadly unless something happens soon I wont be going with him!
  15. Alsacien

    Alsacien LE Moderator

    Sorry to join the thread so late - been in Jockland doing driven birds and stalking reds :)

    The Ordnungsamt issue the visitors permit, but may need sponsorship via a hunting organisation/commercial enterprise. Insurance is a must, but it would need to be confirmed if they would accept a UK BASC membership (maybe they can provide proof of international cover??) or whether they would include insurance in the ticket price. Dunno about the need for a UK hunting qual - they let septics hunt without one, and what does a DSC cert transate into German as......
    Where in DE is the guy going? I can give the amt a call and get the definitive answer.