Wild boar and Roe on film

EX_STAB said:
smudge67 said:
EX_STAB said:
Excellent footage of wild boar and Roe deer in the wild. Of interest to all who pursue the beasts I would think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH3Q0lJbk2g
Or to those of you out there who lack the ability to imagine what deer/boar look like stood around in a forest :roll:
They don't just and around though do they? They move in quite particular ways.
Very true, they do amble a bit left, then right, stand still for a bit (then's when I'd fire personally) then amble around a bit more ;)

You wanna go hunting Zebidees for a real challenge.

smudge67 said:
You wanna go hunting Zebidees for a real challenge.
thats the nickname we give to Wallabys back in NZ,

If you go anywhere in the area of the Speach house in the Forrest of Dean the wild boar are all over the place and seem unbothered by people

I have a shoulder of wild boar waiting for me in the freezer when I get home in a week or so and I am very much looking forward to roasting it. I also very much miss the game shooting days at Sennelager - I was one of the first Brits to get a Jagdschein back in 81 or 82 and the shooting days out with the Forschtampt were excellent. A good days well organised shooting followed by hot erbsensuppe with smoked pork during the bonfire and bugle playing, with a skinfull of beer to follow at Der Forellen pub. Wonderful days.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fang_Farrier Cookery 22
N The NAAFI Bar 1
ugly Shooting, Hunting and Fishing 57