Wikipedia "Foreman of Signals" description

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by pcljc, Nov 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. All,
    Please do not shoot the messenger, but thought it only fair to share this one currently available to all in the public domain. Click on the Wikipedia link below and look at the description of the Foreman of Signal (IS), or open Google and type in Foreman of Signals and open the first link available on Wikipedia.

It made me chuckle.

Wikipedia Foreman of Signals

I do not concur, but thought it may cheer someones day up.

Regards

2. Well done. It had to be said. Things have been a bit too grown up recently and it was about time we all started being pathetic again. It's why the other Corps respect us so much. Keep up the good work.

3. So who failed selection for Foreman(IS) recently and is currently serving at Mons?

4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Just in case someone edits the Wiki page: :D

Working in IT myself, I rather like that description!

5. Shhh don't tell HQ SOinC(A). I rather like it and even better it's true. Plastic FofS are on the way out anyway as the big man has decided it just doesn't work (a bit like them).

6. Sounds fairly accurate...

7. Gremlin - you've saved it for posterity! It's been edited out of the Wiki page for sum unknown reason! :-(

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

TBH - it's probably better kept on here than the general wiki anyway !

I wonder who edited that so quickly :? :? :lol:

9. Oh, I don't know. A humour-free zone using BT as their ISP ...

10. Just click the history tab at the top of the wiki page, you can then look back through the older versions.

11. It made I larf

12. Make all the IS geeks redundant in the new defence review. We don't need computers anymore - we can do it all by iPhone.

13. Click on the history tab to see how the page evolved. I particularly like the way that it took him/her several attempts to get the spelling and punctuation right.

14. How can you fail the selection but still attend the course assuming they did?

15. The page has been edited again and it is causing great gnashing of teeth with the FofS trade. They aren't happy their page is being messed around with.

I believe the culprit for this can only be a Foreman who can't bear the sharing of name (and association with) the IS counterparts or a Yeoman of Signals who feels ever so slightly bypassed by this new tradegroup.

Amusingly it may be a YofS as the first paragraph previously created mentions them (Yeomans) alongside the Foreman of Signals, on the Foreman of Signals page, as equals when everybody knows they couldn't pass the chiildrens modules on the FofS(IS) course, hence why they became Yeomans.

The pin is pulled,,,,