Wikileaks Does it Again!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Boris3098, Nov 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This time, there will be serious and long lasting diplomatic damage.
    This Assange bloke needs to go for a long sleep in the desert.
  2. Diplomats will be earning their pay.
  3. Did they catch the tout who leaked the second lot of files? If so why would you even risk giving the files to wikileaks if the prospect is a treason charge and a long time looking at 4 walls made of concrete.
  4. I hope the leaks include a candid US assessment of our former Government.
  5. I'm interested as to why wikileaks seems to devote it's time to leaking sensitive US documents only, surely there must be plenty of chinese/russian/korean whistleblowers willing to rock the boat? I assume Assange isn't interested since a leak of that nature would give him very little publicity.
  6. Most of the Russian ones are now dead.....
  7. I believe one Russian leaker of secrets was executed in front of his mates in a rather unpleasant fashion pour encourage les autres.
  8. Got to say I am looking forward to it. I found the previous ones very interesting, and as someone interested in history (Iraq now thankfully falls into that category) its gold.

The governments initially claimed that it would have knock-on effects to operations in Iraq and Afghanistan but they were forced to retract that statement when it was proven to be false. That was my only real concern with the previous leaks and seeing as it was proven to be a false concern I see no problem with them.
  9. It'll be no coincidence then that Julian Assange is currently under investigation for sexual assault.
  10. Hm. When exactly was this "proven to be false?"
  11. So you saying that a due process isnt to be done, after an allegation,because he's someone in the limelight then, guess we should never think that celebs are guilty of anything eh !

12. Leaked War Files Expose Identities of Afghan Informants -

And thats coming from Fox who were portraying Arsanage as the devil incarnate....

If anything the leaks played against the Taliban as they highlighted how much larger the number of Taliban-caused civilian deaths is and proved Taliban exaggerations of ISAF caused deaths to be false. They were probably more pissed of then our governments. Of course our media focused on ISAF caused civilian deaths but thats to be expected.
  13. Bit about Wikileaks here:

About Wikileaks

Mainly, but not all US/Western focussed.

The initiative probably would have fizzled before the Iraq War. 50% of this is down to the enormity of the WMD (etc) deceit and the human cost. And what idiot let someone download SIPRnet content onto a USB or a load of CDs?
  14. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Having worked in the DIS, I'm a firm believer in the STFU principle.

I'm not sure that any of this actually helps, apart from wasting staff time and getting everyone excited.