WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Generalissimo, Feb 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. LOL.......

2. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

I do like a Spechal relationship

3. Ouch how to alienate and lose friends in one easy move.

4. well that's not cricket isit.

5. That'll be our vaunted independent nuclear deterrent then.

6. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Anyone really surprised by this? Honestly?

7. If this gets covered by more papers and receives more media, one of the more interesting points to come out will be how the hell will our government spin doctors....spin this story so it looks like the yanks are doing us a favor.

8. Surely this weakens Britains defences - is it time to withdraw from our foreign forays and look out for ourselves?

9. Not that it's my point of expertise but how does knowing the number of missile bodies we have help Russia work out how many warheads we've got. Surely you can vary the number of MIRVs on top of each missile etc etc. Seems a bit of a non-story to me

10. I havent felt this embarrassed of my president since Carter.

Mulatto Messiah has a serious case of ass for you guys, Dont trust him with anything and hopefully the POS will be gone in January 2013

11. Disappointed? Yes. Saddened? Yes. Angered? Yes. Surprised? No...

But what angers me even more is not the USA's treatment of us, but that our politicians response to this will more likely then not be....nothing. Its not the first time we've been****ed over by our 'greatest ally', and it certainly won't be the last. We will continue to bow to the US like the little abused bitch we are. I feel more saddened then angry. Oh how far we have fallen

On the issue of nukes, we are already far too reliant on the US, with or without them selling our secrets. We haven't started our renewal of Trident, so maybe a better approach would be to some sort of deal with France on the development of nuclear weapons? (Not that it will happen, we will continue crawl back to the good ol' US of A)

12. Our deterrent is not independent, never has been. As it says on the sides of the missiles 'Property of the United States Navy'. We don't own them, we borrow them.

13. Well this might end up going down like a sack of shit and so I hope it does ..

14. If people think that any American administration are true friends of ours then more fool you.

Americans will ALWAYS regard themselves and their own interests as a first priority.

The United States would nuke the United Kingdom if it were in its best interest to do so.

They did it to Japan twice in 1945 because it was in THEIR best interest to do so.

Remember this fact well !