WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets

If this gets covered by more papers and receives more media, one of the more interesting points to come out will be how the hell will our government spin doctors....spin this story so it looks like the yanks are doing us a favor.

P

pp0470

Surely this weakens Britains defences - is it time to withdraw from our foreign forays and look out for ourselves?

Not that it's my point of expertise but how does knowing the number of missile bodies we have help Russia work out how many warheads we've got. Surely you can vary the number of MIRVs on top of each missile etc etc. Seems a bit of a non-story to me

I havent felt this embarrassed of my president since Carter.

Mulatto Messiah has a serious case of ass for you guys, Dont trust him with anything and hopefully the POS will be gone in January 2013

Disappointed? Yes. Saddened? Yes. Angered? Yes. Surprised? No...

But what angers me even more is not the USA's treatment of us, but that our politicians response to this will more likely then not be....nothing. Its not the first time we've been****ed over by our 'greatest ally', and it certainly won't be the last. We will continue to bow to the US like the little abused bitch we are. I feel more saddened then angry. Oh how far we have fallen

On the issue of nukes, we are already far too reliant on the US, with or without them selling our secrets. We haven't started our renewal of Trident, so maybe a better approach would be to some sort of deal with France on the development of nuclear weapons? (Not that it will happen, we will continue crawl back to the good ol' US of A)

That'll be our vaunted independent nuclear deterrent then.
Our deterrent is not independent, never has been. As it says on the sides of the missiles 'Property of the United States Navy'. We don't own them, we borrow them.

Well this might end up going down like a sack of shit and so I hope it does ..

A

ALVIN

If people think that any American administration are true friends of ours then more fool you.

Americans will ALWAYS regard themselves and their own interests as a first priority.

The United States would nuke the United Kingdom if it were in its best interest to do so.

They did it to Japan twice in 1945 because it was in THEIR best interest to do so.

Remember this fact well !

If people think that any American administration are true friends of ours then more fool you.

Americans will ALWAYS regard themselves and their own interests as a first priority.

The United States would nuke the United Kingdom if it were in its best interest to do so.

They did it to Japan twice in 1945 because it was in THEIR best interest to do so.

Remember this fact well !
Well there was this one little thing being that we were at WAR with Japan at the time, but yeah.

A

ALVIN

Well there was this one little thing being that we were at WAR with Japan at the time, but yeah.
My point being that they never consulted any of their ailed counterparts for approval.

O.K lets go bang up to date then ....... The United States Military are only fighting in the middle east because it is in THEIR best interests to do so.

Ever wondered why they insist on dominating space exploration ?? ............. And they never bought Alaska for the fun of it either !

My point being that they never consulted any of their ailed counterparts for approval.

O.K lets go bang up to date then ....... The United States Military are only fighting in the middle east because it is in THEIR best interests to do so.

Ever wondered why they insist on dominating space exploration ?? ............. And they never bought Alaska for the fun of it either !
I really having trouble when I juxtapose your statement. Why would we be there if it *wasn't* in our best interests? Also, what exactly was in *our* best interests when we were in Somalia? Was it the overabundance of qat and flies were after?

I detect an underlying anti US sentiment, not everything the Yanks do is due to politically correct imperialism.

This latest debuckle has me stumped though.

DC