Wikileaks Assange back in the news- Mel Gibson style this time

It's always those damn jews.

NYT: Assange alleges Jewish smear campaign - World news - The New York Times - msnbc.com

LONDON — A report published by a British magazine on Tuesday said the WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, suggested that British journalists, including the editor of The Guardian, were engaged in a Jewish-led conspiracy to smear his organization.

His remarks appeared in the magazine Private Eye, in an article by its editor, Ian Hislop, who outlined a rambling phone call that Mr. Assange made on Feb. 16 to complain about the coverage of WikiLeaks.

He was especially angry about a Private Eye report that Israel Shamir, an Assange associate in Russia, was a Holocaust denier. Mr. Assange complained that the article was part of a campaign by Jewish reporters in London to smear WikiLeaks.

A lawyer for Mr. Assange could not immediately be reached for comment, but in a statement later released on the WikiLeaks Twitter feed, Mr. Assange said Mr. Hislop had “distorted, invented or misremembered almost every significant claim and phrase.”

The Private Eye article quoted Mr. Assange as saying the conspiracy was led by The Guardian and included the newspaper’s editor, Alan Rusbridger, and investigations editor, David Leigh, as well as John Kampfner, a prominent London journalist who recently reviewed two books about WikiLeaks for The Sunday Times of London.

When Mr. Hislop pointed out that Mr. Rusbridger was not Jewish, Mr. Assange countered that The Guardian’s editor was “sort of Jewish” because he and Mr. Leigh, who is Jewish, were brothers-in-law. Later, the article recounted, Mr. Assange asked Mr. Hislop to “forget the Jewish thing,” but he continued to insist there was a conspiracy against WikiLeaks based on the friendship among Mr. Rusbridger, Mr. Leigh and Mr. Kampfner.

In the Twitter feed, Mr. Assange said that “in particular” the Private Eye report that he believed in a “‘Jewish conspiracy’ is false, in spirit and in word. It is serious and upsetting. Rather than correct a smear, Mr. Hislop has tried to justify one smear with another.”

“That he has a reputation for this, and is famed to have received more libel suits in the U.K. than any other journalist as a result, does not mean that it is right,” Mr. Assange’s statement said. “WikiLeaks promotes the ideal of ‘scientific journalism’ — where the underlying evidence of all articles is available to the reader precisely in order to avoid these type of distortions. We treasure our strong Jewish support and staff, just as we treasure the support from pan-Arab democracy activists and others who share our hope for a just world.”

After Mr. Assange was accused of sexual abuse by two women in Stockholm last summer, he cited a “smear campaign” against WikiLeaks. A London court ruled last week that he must be extradited to Sweden to face questioning on those accusations
Ok, Mel Gibson check list:

Australian: Check
Misogynistic Relationship: Check
Skewed World View: Check
Hates the Jews: Check
Blames Jews for world evils: Check
World Conspiring against: Check
Drunken Rage Rant Arrest: Pending

Guess it's off to Sweden then where those evil nord jews can have their way with him.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Probably a **** film on the way blaming the British for everything - check

So the Grauniad's line on Palestine is presumably designed to cover up its part in the global Zionist conspiracy ... fancy.

Woof, woof.

C_C

Assange may well be a sad Ozzie bloke with a prejudical streak.

But why do you give him airtime and regurgitate his drivel?

I can see he's really yanked your chain good and proper.
I think articles like this ascend the pop culture shine and show true colors is all. What it shows is what I said all along, this guy's "agenda" isn't truth or transparency, it's about shaping world opinion to his particular way of thinking.

this i suggest might be what is really going on,

one of assange's wikileaks board members in sweden is called
israel shamir, as mentioned in new york times, and elsewhere.

The Guardian has called Shamir "notorious for Holocaust denial and publishing a string of antisemitic articles"...

Deutsche Welle wrote that the Iranian government "said it intended to invite academics such as German neo-Nazi [lawyer] Horst Mahler and the Israeli journalist and Christian convert Israel Shamir, both of whom are Holocaust deniers"...

Israel Shamir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he has about 6 aliases. i have not come across a birth certificate.
however he does emanate from siberia for those who know russian.
a body with that name did emigrate to israel.
he did serve with an israeli paratroop unit and saw action during the
israeli crossing of the suez canal 1973, and certain other things.

in fact his story bears no small resemblance to another one, known as lt.colonel
israel beer (pronounced be'air), and a kgb mole.

Israel Bar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

however i suggest israel shamir was never activated, not least because
the kgb crumpled into the fis, and he thus became redundant/dormant.
years latter perhaps the fis decided to reactivate him, he having lots of
credibility now in certain circles, to do some mischief, this time aimed
at the usa.

lo and behold, he is fitting to be on assange's swedish advisory board.

thus and therefore; some new charges by the us authorities.

this is just a suggestion, from all the jig saw pieces. the
more serious bit behind mr. hislop's barbs.

Hello mountain, this is molehill...

It sounds like a pretty sad story in a journos fevered mind.

Wikileaks has plenty of damning evidence for a large number of governments. Could the Isreali government be p1ssed off enough to let Mossad loose to discredit Assange? Damned right they could. Do they need to do so, probably not, the guy seems to be enough of an ******** to make a fool of himself without outside help.

this i suggest might be what is really going on,

one of assange's wikileaks board members in sweden is called
israel shamir, as mentioned in new york times, and elsewhere.

The Guardian has called Shamir "notorious for Holocaust denial and publishing a string of antisemitic articles"...

Deutsche Welle wrote that the Iranian government "said it intended to invite academics such as German neo-Nazi [lawyer] Horst Mahler and the Israeli journalist and Christian convert Israel Shamir, both of whom are Holocaust deniers"...

Israel Shamir - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

he has about 6 aliases. i have not come across a birth certificate.
however he does emanate from siberia for those who know russian.
a body with that name did emigrate to israel.
he did serve with an israeli paratroop unit and saw action during the
israeli crossing of the suez canal 1973, and certain other things.

in fact his story bears no small resemblance to another one, known as lt.colonel
israel beer (pronounced be'air), and a kgb mole.

Israel Bar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

however i suggest israel shamir was never activated, not least because
the kgb crumpled into the fis, and he thus became redundant/dormant.
years latter perhaps the fis decided to reactivate him, he having lots of
credibility now in certain circles, to do some mischief, this time aimed
at the usa.

lo and behold, he is fitting to be on assange's swedish advisory board.

thus and therefore; some new charges by the us authorities.

this is just a suggestion, from all the jig saw pieces. the
more serious bit behind mr. hislop's barbs.
I read those wiki entries and this gave me a chuckle:

He is critical of what he considers a Jewish quest for world hegemony, having written, "Palestine is not the ultimate goal of the Jews; the world is. Palestine is just the place for world state headquarters; necessary, for otherwise the people of Europe wouldn't be magnetised like a rabbit in the headlights of a car."
If the israelis are after the world they have a lot of ground to cover. I've never been to israel or gaza but if pictures are any indication as to what the governance is like, I'll go with the jews thank you very much.

Latest Threads