Wiki Upgrade

Discussion in 'ARRSEpedia' started by Bad CO, Mar 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Well by popular demand we are now on the latest version of Media Wiki. So far everything seems to be working ok ...... Let me know if you spot any problems....
  2. I seem to be able to edit without logging in.
  3. Bad CO

Try now .....
  4. It's asking for Login now.
  5. Cheers bwana :)

BTW, I notice you've been working with tidying stuff up, usually tat spread around by yours truly.

Is there a style guide anywhere as to how you want articles laid out?
  6. Bad CO

This is a community project and therefore my view has as much or as little validity as yours! I like to try and use the structures that the software offers (headings, bullets, aliases etc). The reason for this is that I believe they make pages look more readable. If you don't agree then just roll it back!!

I'm also aware that most people don't know all the features that the software offers so I try and modify pages that people have been working on so they can see how it is done. There are lots that we do not use (Templates!) and in due course I'd like to get people using them as well. Have a look at Wikipedia to see what can be achieved ....
  7. msr

msr LE

8. Bad CO

Nothing on mine - can you upload a screenshot with the error shown please. Also confirm which browser you are using .....
  9. msr

msr LE

It's the ToggleTOC javascript.

Browser Firefox . This is not shown on Internet Explorer

Attached Files:

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Can you try a ctrl-f5 refresh on that page

Quote from a help site for the wiki software ("MediaWiki evidently tries to be clever about caching and headers. It doesn't seem to work in the real world.

The repercussion is that after editing a page, you don't see the changes; instead, you must use CTRL-F5 or SHIFT-F5 to reload and bypass the 304 (unchanged) status code passed in the HTTP header.")

If that doesn't work then same refresh on this page please:
  11. Works for me! It has moved position, however, to the top, next to the TOC Title.

PS Like the new theme, Good Boss. Looks good :D