Wiki leaks, there is a service we are all going to miss

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ord_Sgt, Oct 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

2. Surely this isn't the same wikileaks the swivel eyed fanatics and soap dodgers thought was going to bring down the world this year? ;P

3. I dare say there'll be quite a few people in government circles breathing a sigh of relief - which is reason enough to mourn it, IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. PiWikiLeaks Back in Business: Assange: On November 28th WikiLeaks will launch new generation submissions system Pity no one bothered to tell Wikileaks "

5. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

There's a time and a place, this guy couldn't tell the difference. He won't be missed.

6. The difficult part is deciding what the right time and place is. Better to have someone doing it and getting it wrong than no-one doing it at all.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Nah can't agree, the guys is an egotistical knob who was only in it for himself.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If only it weren't run by Assange. What a ****ing crackpot.

9. Can't help wandering how many people died horribly in various cellars around the world because of that hideous freak Assange and his ego trip.

• Like Like x 3
  10. I can't help but wonder how many people didn't die in some cellar because some cowboy behind a government desk thought twice about the orders he was about to give.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Spooks is great, but fiction.

• Like Like x 1
  12. No sense of the dramatic, you.

Independent oversight isn't a bad thing and the knowledge that things might just become public encourages officials to make sure their decisions are ones they're happy to have exposed to public scrutiny.

Assange was a deeply unpleasant little man, true, but you don't necessarily need to be good to be a good guy.

if it's been sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

13. I'll be happy to run wikileaks in return for immunity from prosecution should I decide to rape some daft liberal sluts

14. notting to be happy about. By that definition I must have raped dozens of women. Assange may be a loon and a weirdo but I am with smartascarrots on this one, someone has to threaten to whistle blow it all, otherwise who keeps taps on politicians, CEO's etc...