Wiki leaks, there is a service we are all going to miss

Surely this isn't the same wikileaks the swivel eyed fanatics and soap dodgers thought was going to bring down the world this year? ;P

I dare say there'll be quite a few people in government circles breathing a sigh of relief - which is reason enough to mourn it, IMO.

PiWikiLeaks Back in Business: Assange: On November 28th WikiLeaks will launch new generation submissions system Pity no one bothered to tell Wikileaks "

I dare say there'll be quite a few people in government circles breathing a sigh of relief - which is reason enough to mourn it, IMO.
There's a time and a place, this guy couldn't tell the difference. He won't be missed.

The difficult part is deciding what the right time and place is. Better to have someone doing it and getting it wrong than no-one doing it at all.

The difficult part is deciding what the right time and place is. Better to have someone doing it and getting it wrong than no-one doing it at all.
Nah can't agree, the guys is an egotistical knob who was only in it for himself.

If only it weren't run by Assange. What a ****ing crackpot.

Can't help wandering how many people died horribly in various cellars around the world because of that hideous freak Assange and his ego trip.

I can't help but wonder how many people didn't die in some cellar because some cowboy behind a government desk thought twice about the orders he was about to give.

I can't help but wonder how many people didn't die in some cellar because some cowboy behind a government desk thought twice about the orders he was about to give.
Spooks is great, but fiction.

No sense of the dramatic, you.

Independent oversight isn't a bad thing and the knowledge that things might just become public encourages officials to make sure their decisions are ones they're happy to have exposed to public scrutiny.

Assange was a deeply unpleasant little man, true, but you don't necessarily need to be good to be a good guy.

if it's been sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

notting to be happy about. By that definition I must have raped dozens of women. Assange may be a loon and a weirdo but I am with smartascarrots on this one, someone has to threaten to whistle blow it all, otherwise who keeps taps on politicians, CEO's etc...

I was looking forward to the Wikileaks expose that Blair and Mandleson had multiple offshore bank accounts,took bribes and how much money they avoided UK tax on (allegedly of course!).

I was looking forward to the Wikileaks expose that Blair and Mandleson had multiple offshore bank accounts,took bribes and how much money they avoided UK tax on (allegedly of course!).
And how true that turned out to be.

Asange has not been missed either.

No sense of the dramatic, you.

Independent oversight isn't a bad thing and the knowledge that things might just become public encourages officials to make sure their decisions are ones they're happy to have exposed to public scrutiny.

Assange was a deeply unpleasant little man, true, but you don't necessarily need to be good to be a good guy.

if it's been sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk then I'm probably pissed.

I don't think Assange came close to being 'independent oversight'. He's an egotistical shit who would publish any sensitive government information that came his way.

But I do agree with you on the need for independent oversight.

I don't think Assange came close to being 'independent oversight'. He's an egotistical shit who would publish any sensitive government information that came his way.

But I do agree with you on the need for independent oversight.
He wasn't impartial by any manner of means but he was independent of government and the mainstream (i.e. bought and paid for) media. Not a bad thing to have around, IMO.

I'm not sure whether a conduit for releasing sensitive docs is good or bad. Yes, on the one hand it can put the frighteners on politicians, bureaucrats and the like, but in reality it seems to have generated more prosecutions of whistleblowers than those they have been blowing the whistle on...no surprises there. And anyway, Joe public around the world these days is perfectly aware that corruption is rife, along with serious lawbreaking, at the highest levels of society, but is powerless to move to do anything about it, why bother telling ?

Latest Threads